Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 07-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
'Cackling' Cannibal Attacks Couple And Cops, Bites Off And Eats Thumb And Flesh

Charge In Cannibal Case

A Slovakian man has been charged with attempted murder after a pensioner was savaged by a cackling “cannibal” during a raid on his home.

Jan Ometak, 26, from Princess Avenue, Hereford, is accused of attacking the residents in the village of Lyonshall, near Hereford, in the early hours of Monday morning.

Doug Morgan, 75, and his wife Valerie were getting ready for bed when a maniac dived through a lounge window left open because of the heatwave.

A fierce tussle broke out as the intruder punched the OAP — then bit him repeatedly. He chewed off Doug’s thumb and ATE it, police said.

He is also thought to have ripped off the villager’s left nipple with his teeth — and tore chunks from his face and upper body.

Cops who arrived at the scene had to drag Ometak off of blood-covered Doug, who had passed out with shock.

They then used CS gas to knock him out. One officer was bitten and needed hospital treatment.

A police source said it was like a scene from the horror film The Silence of the Lambs, in which cannibal killer Hannibal Lecter wears a gruesome mask.

The source added: “There was blood on the walls and this guy was just laughing like a maniac.”

Last night Doug was in a serious but stable condition in Bristol’s Frenchay hospital. Shocked Valerie, who locked herself in the bathroom after witnessing the attack, was at his bedside. She is also in her 70s.

The psycho struck just after 1am on Monday.

Police yesterday sent a team of officers to the village to reassure locals it had been a “highly unusual and random attack”.

But they remained rigid with fear. One neighbour said: “Everyone is scared witless. There is talk of a cannibal attack in the village and no one can quite take it in.

“The old chap lived a peaceful life with his wife, then someone jumped through his window and bit off his thumb. It doesn’t bear thinking about.”

Doug and Valerie had only moved to their “dream cottage” less than two years ago after he had a triple heart bypass.

Cops last night confirmed Doug had suffered serious bite wounds, had lost a thumb and chunks of flesh from his face and body.

They do not think robbery was the attacker’s motive for entering the house. And it is understood he had no connection with his victim.

The police source said: “It was a bizarre and appalling attack on an old man. We have no idea why the attacker chose their house but there are mental health issues in this case.

“Mr Morgan put up a brave fight but was set about in a cannibalistic way. His thumb could not be sewn back on because the attacker had literally eaten it.”

Doug and Valerie live in a half-timbered cottage that was a gatehouse to an estate. The maniac is thought to have gone on the rampage before the attack — and the property showed signs of it last night.

Smashed lounge and kitchen windows were boarded up. The windscreen of Doug’s silver Renault Megane was broken and the garden shed was trashed.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be