Old 01-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Banned

Miracle Workers

Has anyone seen any previews for this? It's supposed to be a mini series coming on TBS where Steve Buscemi plays God and apparently comes to the sudden conclusion he wants to blow up Earth and it makes heaven look like some giant Warehouse or office building or something with a bunch of disgruntled employees , or what is supposed to be Angels standing around looking all shocked. Also Daniel Radcliffe plays an angel.

I don't know about you guys but this to me looks like some sort of piss-poor Dollar Store parody version of Supernatural. I don't know what the hell is going on but lately Hollywood and television have been putting out the laziest excuses for movies and shows and I don't understand why. They are promoting the show saying it's the most anticipated show of the year and I honestly had never even heard of it until a few days ago and I love Steve Buscemi but come the fuck on already...

Is anyone actually interested in watching this?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:03 AM
ventricle

imdb: "To prevent Earth's destruction, Craig, a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity's prayers, and fellow angel Eliza must answer a seemingly impossible prayer: help two humans, Laura and Sam, fall in love."
Maybe. Looks positive at least.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:09 AM
Banned

According to the logic of the show, despite all the world wars, poverty and all the other bad things, God is going to destroy Earth the two people don't kiss each other. Seems legit. I know I'm just nitpicking but Jesus man.... I have a feeling continuing reruns of friends, American Dad, Family Guy and the Big Bang Theory will probably get more views than this but for Steve Buscemi's sake I hope it does do well because like I said, I like him but this just seems a tad bit on the stupid side.

With that said, other than that 70s Show I never really was a big fan of sitcoms but I've actually been getting into the Big Bang Theory lately

Last edited by Morningriser; 01-31-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:55 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
According to the logic of the show, despite all the world wars, poverty and all the other bad things, God is going to destroy Earth the two people don't kiss each other. Seems legit. I know I'm just nitpicking but Jesus man.... I have a feeling continuing reruns of friends, American Dad, Family Guy and the Big Bang Theory will probably get more views than this but for Steve Buscemi's sake I hope it does do well because like I said, I like him but this just seems a tad bit on the stupid side.

With that said, other than that 70s Show I never really was a big fan of sitcoms but I've actually been getting into the Big Bang Theory lately
At least it's something different. Now that there isn't just 3 or 4 big TV networks, and the world viewer market is larger, there can be more specialized shows. There were always audiences for Little House on the Prairie, Waltons, Touched by an Angel, God Friended Me, even Supernatural, whatever. I don't know the tone of this show, but it's probably fairly mainstream. When there's a saturation of deadly young adult action agents and dark dramas, talent/singing shows, and sitcoms, this kind of show might be refreshing to folk. If it's done well, has a good chance of success.

I heard Big Bang was pretty good. I've seen a few, thought it was OK. Depending on what you have access to, I could recommend some past sitcoms that were really good, and different than Family Guy; such as Cheers, Taxi, Family Ties.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

The thing about Big Bang Theory is it's one of those shows you have to watch some episodes consecutively for it to pull you in and give you a chance to get to know the characters because on the surface, Sheldon just seems like an absolute weirdo, which he kind of is but just extremely socially awkward with hardcore OCD, but a lot of people just watch one or two episodes and take it at face value and leave it at that. The characters are actually quite complex and well-written. I mean I love all of the nerdy stuff in it since I'm a nerd as is and it's just funny because the characters remind me a lot of myself if you take away the fact that I'm not a highly regarded scientist or doctor or anything like that but I think it is a great show and unlike a lot of the other stupid shit on television where they imply it's okay to lie or to cheat from time to time as long as nobody finds out about it and it's the benefit yourself, like King of the Hill kind of did to a generation of growing children, and the humor goes anywhere from lighthearted to a tad bit on the raunchy side, but overall it's hilarious and a Perfect Blend.

I might give miracle workers a shot since it's a miniseries and since Steve Buscemi is God, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see the first episode at least. It might surprise me, I mean I went into this last season of American Horror Story worried it would be another stinker like Roanoke or go bad halfway through like cult but it actually turned out to be my favorite season yet!