Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation BREAKING NEWS: Friday the 13th series coming!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...ies-announced/

Quote:
Crystal Lake is finally reopening on the small-screen.

While Platinum Dunes works out their remake for 2015, Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment have set a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of Friday The 13th, Deadline reports.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) have been set to script “a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods.”

The original was set at a summer camp, closed because of the drowning of an unattended child. Promiscuous counselors tried to re-open the place, but they began dying. Jason actually took root as the indestructible villain in the second film, with his signature hockey goalie mask debuting in the third. “The series is contemporary, focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed.”

Will be either cool or crap...I don't see any in-between on this one.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM
From The Beyond

I don't know what to think other than I hope it's not crap.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Immortal horror fan

This doesn't sound good at first read. Almost like they see stuff like American Horror Story and Bates Motel and think why not Friday the 13th? But we don't need to see that Jason's mother was into Voodoo or anything crazy. Or that Jason was really alive and that Mrs. Voorhees was really seeing him when she thought she was hallucinating. This is like the backstory of the remake all over again. We don't need to know about tunnels and other crap.

I actually liked the old show from what I can remember. Probably because I thought the redhead was hot and there was a new mystery every week. It was spooky.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
This doesn't sound good at first read. Almost like they see stuff like American Horror Story and Bates Motel and think why not Friday the 13th? But we don't need to see that Jason's mother was into Voodoo or anything crazy. Or that Jason was really alive and that Mrs. Voorhees was really seeing him when she thought she was hallucinating. This is like the backstory of the remake all over again. We don't need to know about tunnels and other crap.

I actually liked the old show from what I can remember. Probably because I thought the redhead was hot and there was a new mystery every week. It was spooky.
I'd actually prefer a series with self-contained episodes of Jason killing random people in different time periods. I realize I am probably alone in that view...

But yes, a convoluted story arc involving the Vorhees would be a shame. That story has been told.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I'd actually prefer a series with self-contained episodes of Jason killing random people in different time periods. I realize I am probably alone in that view...

But yes, a convoluted story arc involving the Vorhees would be a shame. That story has been told.
The different time periods sounds ok at first thought. But you run into the competency of the police eventually. You do with all these movies really. I guess they tried to address that in Jason 9. Someone needs to give a lot of thought as to how Jason can continually kill people who break the rules and still come back and not get captured or killed. And people still want to live and or play around that area. I like that line in Sinister, when the Deputy says are you kidding, I wouldn't sleep one night in this house. Jason's area needs to be prime real estate or something that makes people ignore the legend or be curious.

I actually like the end of Jason X and the potential new start of the legend. They need to start fresh with real thought to the series.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Banned

TV must provide the best revenue stream these days. Having multiple time periods intrigues me. What I really want on TV is a big-budget version of Tales from the Darkside, with original stories.