Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-21-2015, 10:24 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
[B]

Cop Car (2015)
Bacon was great as usual. Rest of the movie not so much.
Starts out alright but then I started caring less and less about what would happpen.
!
That was my experience as well.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
That was my experience as well.
I still want to see it....

Old 08-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Evil Dead

I'm watching Sinister to get ready for the sequel tonight. It's one of my favs.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post

A+

Totally kick ass!! I am a HUGE fan of the MI movies!!!!
After 5 movies I think they should change the title to Mission Nearly Impossible.

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 08-22-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Evil Dead

Sinister (2012)

I gave this rewatch to get ready for the sequel tonight. It's one of my favorites, a very scary mystery crime flick with a supernatural twist.

9/10
Old 08-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Evil Dead

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Stopped half way through. Lots of special effects...does not make a movie enjoyable to watch on its own. Bad acting, bad script. Ultron was interesting for about 5 minutes.

2/10
Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Evil Dead

Sinister 2 (2015)

When I had originally heard that there was going to be a sequel to Sinister, one of my favorite horror films, I was pretty excited to say the least. Then, early spring this year, the first official trailer was released. I suddenly felt less enthusiastic about the movie, but I still held on some hope that it could be a decent follow-up to the original, until I finally saw it tonight. I read the signs but ignored the warnings, and my punishment was an astonishingly disappointing sequel. Sinister 2 takes place some time after the events of the original film and follows Deputy So And So (that's seriously how he's credited in the film). He has become obsessed with tracking down murders and child abductions that could be linked to an ancient pagan deity named Baghuul, who coerces a child into killing their family and takes the child's soul. It leads him to a farmhouse near the site of a mass murder in a church which he expects to find empty. When he arrives at the house, So and So sees that a mother and twin sons have already moved into the house, and one of the twins is the subject of midnight show-and-tell with the ghost kids' kill tapes. From the first ten minutes, I noticed that something felt terribly wrong about this movie. Deputy So and So was nothing more than comic relief in the original film, and, outside of the big plot twist at the end, he can hardly carry more than a scene by himself, let alone an entire movie. While he is a generally likable character, Deputy So and So just isn't cut out to carry an entire film by himself. His character actually made the movie funnier than it was scary, and there was very little to be afraid of in this movie. If you've seen the trailer, and I'm not exaggerating, every single scare is spoiled in the trailer, and there aren't any surprises left for you. It seems like the filmmakers thought that showing Baghuul off as much as possible could make the sequel scarier than the original, but what made the original so terrifying is that Baghuul was just a shadow in the back of the tapes. You rarely saw him for more than just a glance, and it was scary as hell. In Sinister 2, however, you can practically count the buttons on his black overcoat because he's shown so profusely throughout the movie. Along with a ridiculously over-the-top abusive husband side plot, a weak script and bland direction, Sinister 2 is one of the biggest disappointments of the year for horror.

2/10
Old 08-21-2015, 09:55 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
After 5 movies I think they change the title to Mission Nearly Impossible.
Heh!

And after five more, Mission Very Possible.

Ten more, Mission Piece of Cake.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:09 PM
That fucking Guy...

There was a mission? Shit...they just asked me to pick up the paper...

This thread makes me realise every time I look at it how movie starved I am.
Damn kid.
I need to catch up.

I have one waiting to go called "Time out of Mind" that looks interesting.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

Earthling 2010

After a mysterious atmospheric event, a small group of people wake up to realize that their entire lives have been a lie. They are in fact aliens disguised as humans. Now they have to make a choice. Live amongst men, or try to find a way back home

Low key. Which can be quite ok, but this wasn't. I watched about 30 minutes of it. People doing things that they wouldn't do unless to further along the plot. Acting meh, shooting meh.

2/10

Tags
movie