Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Hellraiser

Now, you guys have got me thinking about it again. As soon as I'm finished with my current stack, I'm going to pick up Red Dragon again. I've always loved the Hannibal series of movies and it has been years since I've tried reading it.

Cynner
Old 10-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Bald Evil

He's currently working on another Lecter novel, but I don't know the details of it. Rumour suggests that it is a prequel, but it may just as well take place after Hannibal. I had really hoped in Hannibal to see Starling and Graham team up to pursue Lecter, but things didn't turn out that way. It was a strange, unsatisfying book. Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon, though, were excellent.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:18 PM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally posted by Bald Evil
He's currently working on another Lecter novel, but I don't know the details of it. Rumour suggests that it is a prequel, but it may just as well take place after Hannibal. I had really hoped in Hannibal to see Starling and Graham team up to pursue Lecter, but things didn't turn out that way. It was a strange, unsatisfying book. Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon, though, were excellent.
I heard that - already locked into a Dino DeLaurentis film - ugghh - still, I think TH should just count his money and be happy he wrote one masterpiece (RD) and another cultural phenom book (SOL).
Old 11-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrifying Send a message via Yahoo to horrifying
the new lecter book is called "behind the mask" it is about lecter's childhood, it comes out nov 29.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Hellraiser

It puts the lotion in the basket. Or else it gets the hose again.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:21 AM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally posted by horrifying
the new lecter book is called "behind the mask" it is about lecter's childhood, it comes out nov 29.
i think it will be a disaster - probably sell well - but will be wretched (as will the subsequent film)