Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Hellraiser

Richard Laymon - Problem

I really enjoy reading Laymon ... until the last 10 pages. At that point it seems he throws the transmission into reverse, slams on the brakes, jumps out of the story and runs away.

Night in the Lonesome October

Gah, three hundred (approx) pages and he tries to wrap it in 2.

The Traveling Vampire Show

Great book, I loved it, my wife loved it, my brother loved it but it ended so aburptly that we all thought that it was the beginning of a series. Apparently its not.

The same goes for Midnights Lair, Rainy Night( title?). They all end poorly. The stories are great, the characters are great, the wrap up sucks.

Does anyone else see this? or is it just me? Does the rest of his books seem to have this problem?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Sweeeeeeeet!

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I'm a big Richard Laymon fan but things do seem to just...end..

I just read "Endless Night" and I enjoyed it, really gruesome, exciting etc. It seemed to slow down...then the action errupts all over again and just ends...Theres no couple of pages of "catch your breath back" lol. in a way I guess it can be good, but sometimes its just annoying >.<

"He's a chicken, I tell you! A giant chicken!"