Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Evil Dead

Smile

i'm so gonna see this film dunno if it will be great but it will be funny and hopefully full of gore:)
Old 01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renob View Post
I think it's kind of gay that their considering having Eddie Furlong as Ash in the remake of Evil Dead. Whatever, though. It isn't up to me.
I don't think Ash is gonna be in the evil dead remake.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Thumbs up Evil Dead 4????

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi told The Herald Sun that he’s trying to recruit his brother Ivan to write the screenplay for a third sequel to his indy horror classic “The Evil Dead”.

“I'm trying to get my brother, Ivan, to write the screenplay with me. He wrote Army of Darkness, the third one, with me and we have been talking about another one, but we haven't started work on it”, says Raimi.

Interestingly enough, Raimi doesn’t mention – not one syllable – the previously announced “Evil Dead” remake. Lets hope they have done away with that idea, and will instead move forward with a sequel.

- Movie Hole

i personally would rather see a sequal, but if a remade was done aswell i would watch it too.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Zydrate Anatomy

Evil Dead 4? That would really cool, but they have to have Bruce "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell. :D

As for the remake, I don't think Raimi has anything to do with it and it was kind of "out of his hands".
Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 AM
For Vendetta

Raimi says Evil Dead 4 is coming!!!

July 27, 2008

Given the sequel and remake frenzy that's been taking over Hollywood in the last few months-- OK, years-- it's amazing this bit of news from Sam Raimi hasn't shown up anywhere before now.

At Comic Con today Raimi announced that Evil Dead 4 is "in the wheelhouse". He even went so far as to say that he and his brother Ivan would be getting together this weekend to work on it-- that is, assuming Raimi can get past the hordes of excited fans.

Originally, Raimi was planning to remake the original “Evil Dead”, but when horror fans sneezed at the suggestion it was quickly dropped.

Raimi has talked a lot about doing a Spider-Man 4 constantly since Spider-Man 3 made so much money, and I think everyone would have expected that it would be the next sequel on Raimi's plate. He's got a lot going on right now, directing Drag Me to Hell and scheduled to adapt a Dennis Lehane novel as well as revive the Jack Ryan series of movies. So Evil Dead 4 may be a long way off, but that's one heck of a carrot to dangle in front of fans who have gotten bored watching Raimi follow Spiderman all over the skies.

Hopefully we'll hear more details about this one even after the Comic Con madness had died down.

Keep checking back, and get ready for those zombies!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Cranky

And Bruce? ............

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Can you dig it ?

There was a 4th set up in the original ending of 'Army Of Darkness'. Ash oversleeps going back to his own time and was to fight the Deadites in future England (since it is mentioned that there is a warrior who fights them through the ages or such). Universal hated that ending and that's why he turned up back at S Mart. I wonder if the studio will now ignore that fact in 4 and rewrite history that he did oversleep :rolleyes:
CK
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Evil Dead

I believe that oversleeping ending is added in the AOD DVD. It's quite interesting.

If Campbell doesn't return as Ash, I'm not so excited about it.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

The film doesn't stand a chance without Ash, IMO.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 AM
Can you dig it ?

Ash IS the 'Evil Dead' franchise so I wouldn't dare start name guessing who could replace him. Luckily he and Raimi go way back so replacing him won't ever be an issue.
Yeah, the oversleeping footage is on the 'AOD' DVD as it was originally shot. According to 'The Unseen Force: The Films of Sam Raimi', Universal did a huge butchering job on the final cut of 'AOD'. A legal entanglement over 'Silence Of The Lambs' (which DeLaurentis owned the rights to due to 'Manhunter and was produced by Universal) made 'AOD' the pawn and bargaining chip between the 2 studios and it sounds like the film suffered horribly because of it. Missing scenes, reshoots, and poor editing choices leaves questions to what the film might've been without so much tampering involved. Needless to say, it is my least favorite of the franchise. I wonder if 'AOD' was the 2nd 'Evil Dead' as proposed at the time would be more like the original 'Evil Dead'. Guess we'll never know.
CK