Old 03-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
You know what I really think is going on...the network is doing a test to see how far they can push people to the brink of insanity when it comes to shows with no answer. Either that or the writers have no clue where the show is going and they are using the "more questions then answers" theme so they can figure them out themselves.

They did the same thing with Charmed when they killed Pru off. They didnt' know how exactly she had died and they left telling everyone until like two seasons after the fact...because they couldn't figure it out themselves. Actually I dont really know if they did end up explaining how she died.

I really dont like shows that don't resolve themselves after the first or second ep...but it looks like more and more shows are going the same way as LOST and giving you more questions then answer. I think I might have to buy the box set of LOST and watch it more closely.

***POSSIBLE ENDING FOR LOST SPOILER****

I've actually heard that the island is nothing more then Limbo between Earth and Heaven and that ALL the characters are actually dead because of the plane crash.

But now that I keep watching it, it doesn't seem likely. I think that was just one suggestion that the Writers were playing around with.

xxFrostyxx

Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

the limbo idea was the first one that circulated the internet and is waaaaaaaaay too obvious.....but maybe so obvious that they use it but its very unlikley with all the people that have been on the other island all their lifes.....and in some interview on one of the dudes that is a main writer says that they know the big picture and they are putting it together like a jigsaw for us......and it would take them about 5 years to complete it....bollocks! thats just a 'we dont have a clue either...but we'd like a job for a while so dont cancel us'

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Evil Dead

Exactly. Normally when writers say they have a big picture in mind but want to show it to the viewers in pieces to see if they get it, they are just bs'ing because they have no clue themselves.

I just hope that they don't go way overboard with all the "suspicious" things on the island, like having it be invested with Dinosours or some crap like that. I think the show would just go right under if they did something stupid like that.

xxFrostyxx

Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Yeah, they walk a really fine line with all the crazy shit the throw in there. I could see that show just up and 'jumping the shark' any day. All it would take is one idea thrown in that's just too whack or far-fetched.

And who the hell is the leader of the Others? The person that the eyepatch guy refered to in last week's episode? I don't get the impression that it's Ben, but I haven't seen any other characters that it could possibly be yet.

I heard that limbo theory a long time ago... It's still a possibility I guess, but they'd still have a lot of explaining to do. (Plus, how can people get killed in limbo? Michael & his son could have been sent on their way to heaven and The Others could turn out to be angels or something like that, but what about Shannon & her bro & Anna Lucia & Echo, etc.. If they were already in limbo, what is happening to the characters that get killed off?)
Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Evil Dead

Those that are getting killed could mean they have been "judged" and are being sent ot either hell or heaven...maybe it's just a way to keep the others unsuspecious about where they are. Killing them off sends them on their way?

LOL I should be their writer, at least I answer questions with answers and not more questions.

xxFrostyxx

Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I definately think the writer are just using us to write the story for them. I know for a fact that they go on the abc forum and look at people's thoughts and use them. For every conspiracy theory there's another episode for them to write just to prove people wrong.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Evil Dead

haha I never thought of professional TV writers to do that but it maks sense. A friend of mine and I were talking once about a favourite TV show of ours and how we thought a storyline was going to come to an end. We had this one idea that we thought was so encredibly funny and awesome that we spoke about it for days. This was way before we discovered Forums and Chatrooms.

When the episode finally aired of the end of this storyline both my friend and I were absolutely shocked to see that the storyline that we had made up was actually the one they had used...down to details that were very minute and you wouldn't see unless looking for them. Needless to say we were very freaked out by it.

I think the TV networks bug our phones to see what we think would be cool. LOL

xxFrostyxx

Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Man, every week this show just adds to the confusion. Last we saw Locke, The Others mysteriously had his father tied up somehow. Then all of a sudden, this week, Locke is more or less with them. WTF? No explanation as to what happened in between whatsoever! At least it looks like we might get a few answers next week when Said intergoates Juliet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

im right there with you.....and are those random diamond people still buried under the sand altho they are alive????

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 04-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Man, every week this show just adds to the confusion. Last we saw Locke, The Others mysteriously had his father tied up somehow. Then all of a sudden, this week, Locke is more or less with them. WTF? No explanation as to what happened in between whatsoever! At least it looks like we might get a few answers next week when Said intergoates Juliet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.
Holy shit...I can't wait to see that interrigation! I have this horrible feeling she won't say anything, no matter what, though.