Old 05-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Into The Night - Netflix

I've seen so much crap on Netflix that I'm always afraid to try a new series and get sucked into wasting my time ..

I was sure Into the Night was going to be the same .. Thankfully I was dead wrong.

Excellent series that I would recommend to anyone.
It's Belgium made .. which explains a lot... I only seem to like the European series.
The American ones are usually formulaic crap that bore me to tears .

the other thing the europeans do right (other than avoiding shitty American cliches) is that their seasons are shorter, This is only six episodes so it never feel stretched. It's very tight, efficient, and well acted. No dumb things happening just for the sake of creating faux drama.

I don't want to say anything else about it .. if you have Netflix .. check it out asap.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Looks great...and I largely get behind a lot of the Euro stuff, especially the creepier ones...I've seen the name, will check it out.

It's funny, a lot of people sit on netflix and streaming services and complain there's very little to watch, it's all stuff I've seen before...or stuff I don't want to see...nobody seems to go on for the foreign films/series, if they did they'd be getting a much better experience from streaming...but then...humans, it's unlikely.

I have been meaning to look at "Money Heist" which has a very bland name...but looks quite tense. Seen that?
Old 05-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Xenomorph Queen

My friend was just talking about this to me tonight! Sounds really good, I'm definitely gonna give it a watch!
Old 05-11-2020, 04:33 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Looks great...and I largely get behind a lot of the Euro stuff, especially the creepier ones...I've seen the name, will check it out.

It's funny, a lot of people sit on netflix and streaming services and complain there's very little to watch, it's all stuff I've seen before...or stuff I don't want to see...nobody seems to go on for the foreign films/series, if they did they'd be getting a much better experience from streaming...but then...humans, it's unlikely.

I have been meaning to look at "Money Heist" which has a very bland name...but looks quite tense. Seen that?

i have a friend watching it - saying it's good but it isn't appealing to me yet ..
i'll probably look into it when i get curious enough
Old 05-11-2020, 06:00 PM
That fucking Guy...

Good timing if you *did* get into it, you're rather late so if you ended up enjoying it you'll have a back log to work through.

Always good when that happens - I slept on the first 3 seasons of breaking bad...got to see them all at once. Of course, then we had the longest wait in history between seasons 3 and 4, but still...great finding something new that you can just watch the shit out of.

I've put "Into the night" next up after we're done with "Upload".