Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Fallout: New Vegas
Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Little Boo

Send a message via AIM to MsLobotomy Send a message via MSN to MsLobotomy Send a message via Yahoo to MsLobotomy Send a message via Skype™ to MsLobotomy
Left 4 Dead.

Traded my bible for a little black cat

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence."
Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 PM
That fucking Guy...

Resistance 2, first time playthrough.

I found that there has been certain improvements made with (obviously) updated visuals, changes made to address a few annoying issues of the first one - such as the first one having scope/aiming that was toggled, yet a crouch that was not, and no run/sprint...these were the only real issues I had with the first game and it was refreshing that they were no longer an issue.

Having said that, I have to say I'm not really liking the game itself.

The first one had a nice, dark, atmospheric scifi feel to it - this one feels well, a bit like a COD clone with Aliens. I don't think it's a bad game as such, just that it in no way feels like or resembles the first one - don't get me wrong, I'm all for sequels striving to not be carbon copies of the first game in the series...things like Uncharted, and Half Life come to mind as game series that have done so...but for me, they still bear a lot more resemblance and similarity of overall tone and "feel" to their predecessors than Resistance 2 seems to have, just seems like the team that worked on this one didn't give a whole lot of respect to keeping what made the first one great.

I will continue playing through, but it's hard not to be disappointed, it's a bit like a run of the mill military shooter has just been painted in the same colours...The multiplayer should be alright, might have a look at that afterwards.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 AM
That fucking Guy...

Finished with Resistance 2...just not a great game IMO...especially not when stacked up to the first one.

Started "Bulletstorm" which I thought looked really fun.
Great dialogue and a REALLY nice looking game...but in all honesty playing it just feels fiddly, the "skill" shots might find their mark with fans of games like Serious Sam etc, but for me it was just an interruption - if one had the ability to turn this off I think it would suit the needs of a wider audience.
The "whip" thing? Well this concept is getting a bit old...the whole shoot plus power of some kind. I had it in Bioshock 1&2, I had it in Singularity, and now this just seems like more of the same.
Though all this stuff I can deal with...no real issue, just a few nagging issues that would keep me from calling it a great game.
However, the game has found a way to piss me off quite early.
Some who've played it will know it as the "train" level...I was fine up until this point, and hadn't died once...and now I reach this scene in which I die 5-6 times...I take the bitch-out option of turning the difficulty down to Easy, then VERY easy...doesn't seem to make a shit of difference, I just keep getting shot the fuck up without any means of finding cover.
Quite honestly, if it's about luck rather than skill then this just shits me.
I'll give it a shot a few more times, but yeah right now thinking about giving this game a pretty early retirement.
I'll give the game what it's due - if you want to play a moderately challenging FPS with REALLY great looks, futuristic vibe and good dialogue/humour then you'll like at least *part* of this game.
If you don't enjoy grinding away at one small segment while getting killed again and again and again and again and again then you might find yourself in the same frame of mind about it that I am currently in.
Just when I thought "Yeah, this game's good fun" along comes the tolerance tests that developers always seem to love pissing on you with.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:26 AM
That fucking Guy...

Update - Died 3 more times, but got past the level.
Just a cheap, shitty level in an otherwise decent game.
I really do quite like the setting and dialogue in this one, and as I said before it's a great looking game...just don't think all the skill shots are really needed, I don't much like having words on the screen every few seconds.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Evil Puppy

I've slowed down on everything I've been playing, I just can't keep into it during the summer there simply isn't enough time. The game I've played most this summer has got to be Golden Sun though. It's so easy to play for ten or fifteen minutes and turn it off, add that to the fact that it's portable and I've just had a blast with it. Cool puzzles and tough battles too.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:33 AM
That fucking Guy...

Loved golden sun - It's in my top 5 TD S/RPGs of all time.
Never got around to the sequel though, did they make more'n two of them?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Yep, got em' both and they're both well done. I'd say in terms of overall quality it'd be 1, 3, 2 though.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Golden Sun is probably the best game i ever played on the gameboy. Never played the second one but before i sold my DS i played the third one. That was pretty cool.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Love is like dying

i started playing shenmue again, i so much love this game i dont know if they are making a third one, i keep hearing rumors about a dreamcast 2 coming out, i hope so.

Last edited by leezuki; 08-13-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelt wrong