Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Burger King Worker Jumps Through Drive-Thru Window To Attack Customers

Whopper Of A Fight As BK Worker Attacks Customers

Worker Bursts Out Of DriveThru In Argument Over Change

Daughter Says "I'm Sorry I Asked You To Get Fries"

Davie, Florida - An employee at a Davie Burger King might have needed just a bit more customer service training before the company put him in a drive through window to serve customers. Police say the man burst into a rage, jumped out of the drive through window, and attacked two of his customers in their truck…over change.

Employee Michael Perez had been working at the Burger King for just four days, when he apparently had a whopper of a problem as he was serving the Gillis family at the store’s drive-through window. Perez and Kevin Gillis got into an argument over the coins used for Gillis’s change.

Police surveillance tape shows what happened next. An obviously angry Perez started to climb out the drive through window, and made a bee-line for Gillis, while his kids screamed for fear in the truck.

"I was trying to get away, and he was coming in on top of me," Kevin Gillis said. His wife, Dana, said she couldn’t believe what happened. "I saw him coming out the window. He was taking his head phones off," she said, "and dying to get out of the window."

Gillis says he was astonished, and felt like he was fighting to save his wife and kids. "He came in the window, attacking me. My girls are right here, trying to get away, screaming their brains out, and I'm trying to back up as hard as I can."

Gillis’s wife said that when she tried to get out of the truck, Perez tried to attack her as well. Gillis managed to get out of the truck and tackle Perez, and held him until police arrived.

Perez was charged with Burglary and Assault, and was ordered held in the Broward County Jail. The store’s manager didn’t want to speak to CBS4, but Burger King spokesperson Laina Kawass said “This is a matter for the local authorities, and we are fully cooperating with police.”

Gillis sports cuts and scrapes he says he sustained in his burger battle, and says it’s had a lasting impact on his family, especially his children.

"As I'm saying prayers, my little girl interrupts me and says 'and please don’t that man come get daddy again', and my other daughter says 'I'm sorry, daddy, for asking you to get me french fries'."

Perez claimed to police that Gillis made a racial comment, something Gillis denies, and says the only thing the two men talked about was fast food, and change, before Perez burst out of the drive through.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 03-21-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Living Dead

The author of the article and the editor should also be fired... who the hell is Paris? And Gillen?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by sinistar
The author of the article and the editor should also be fired... who the hell is Paris? And Gillen?
Heh...I just noticed that...Guess I could fix it

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 03-21-2006, 05:35 PM
I Am Violence

Costumer: exsuse me I ordered cheese with this and there is no cheese

Drive-tru dude:.............Now you order pain! *jumps at costumer and attacks him*
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

They certainly got served by "The King".:p

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Scares Little Kids

Burger King attack

In my mind, this is further proof that here in America, you aren't safe anywhere. First is was the post office and work, then the school shootings, and now this. No one should ever be attacked at any restaraunt for any reason. The worst that should happen is you get food poisoning.