Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Woman Murdered With Easter Bunny Plate

Woman Suffocated By Easter Bunny Plate

Spencer, Wisconsin — A woman who died at her Spencer home was apparently suffocated by a ceramic decorative plate, shaped like an Easter bunny, that had been shoved down her throat, authorities said as they charged her husband with murder.

Patrick Zurkowski, 38, was charged Monday in Marathon County Circuit Court with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of his wife, June Zurkowski, 40.

Assistant District Attorney Ken Heimerman said an autopsy found parts of the plate had broken off and lodged in the victim's throat, blocking her airway. The pieces were believed to be the bunny ears missing from a plate found in the home.

The defendant telephoned a funeral home Saturday to say his wife died suddenly, and the funeral home called police who arrested him at the home, authorities said.

The criminal complaint said Zurkowski initially told police he was hit by his wife and acted in self-defense.

Zurkowski also was charged with obstructing an officer. Authorities said he was unresponsive and refused to move from a chair in his home when officers tried to take him in to be interviewed, and he kicked at officers before being physically removed.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be