Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
ZOMG

Night of the Living Dead edited with new soundtrack!

Hey there Horror.com fans!

Osterborg links have been removed for now.
We'll be back in the fall for a Halloween treat.

Have a bloody good one!

Last edited by ZOMG; 08-08-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: accused of spamming
Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Misanthrope

Hypno-Jive? .... more like Theivin' Spammin' Jiveturkeys
Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
ZOMG

Elvis_Christ is pissed

Hey there again Horror.com fans!

So sorry to be considered thievin', spammin' jive turkeys by Elvis_Christ.
I'm kinda new to the forum and I thought a forum about horror and music would be ok for me to post a coupla links to my band's video. I realize I'm just a new member, and I also realize that the only thing I've contributed is a shameless plug for my band - so I'll be removing the thread (update - can't remove thread, can only edit posts - Z) in a coupla days.
In the meantime, I'll try to contribute more to the forums when I gotta minute and repost the thread at a later date.

Now even though I'm new to the forums, I know Elvis_Christ can be kinda nasty sometimes, so in the spirit of fair play, I feel I should address some of his accusations.

Thievin' - Well, yes, I did use NOTLD as the backdrop for our tune and yes, there are some samples from the movie in there. However, I have the utmost respect for Romero and I consider the video an homage to one of the fucking greatest movies of all time. We're using a public domain film to promote our music, and therefore promoting the film as well. If anyone hasn't seen NOTLD, then maybe our video will spark an interest to see the classic in its full-length glory - there's links on our site. We don't make any money from the video, we've made about a hundred copies and we're tossing them in along with the CD as a limited-time free bonus.
But before I get accused of not getting the point - yes, I can see how no matter how much I defend my legal use of NOTLD for our tune, I'm still thievin' Mr. Romero's film and using it for personal gain of some sort. I know Romero's got a pretty open mind when it comes to the internet and what can be done with it, so even though there are dozens of re-issues of the movie made by people who want to cash in on a public domain title, sometimes adding extra scenes, colorizing, etc., I still feel we haven't done anything that offensive - but yup, I'll be sending it to the man himself at his MySpace and see what happens.

Spammin' - Yeah I know. I've already addressed that.

Jive Turkeys - Well I don't know if that's a comment on the music or not, but everyone's got a right to their opinion, including Elvis_Christ.

Ok, I'm off to drink a bucket of blood and mix some more songs.

Last edited by ZOMG; 08-08-2008 at 07:26 AM.