Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: What's the best dating website for horror movie fans?
MyMonsterMatch.com 1 20.00%
eharmony 0 0%
match 0 0%
christian singles haha 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2013, 12:31 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I'll check it out. I tried the online dating thing many times. I have also used plenty of fish and find it to be nothing but really fat girls.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
I'll check it out. I tried the online dating thing many times. I have also used plenty of fish and find it to be nothing but really fat girls.
Haha yeah that was my experience with that site too until I met my fiancée

Old 09-28-2013, 12:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Haha yeah that was my experience with that site too until I met my fiancée
(chuckle) I thought was a dangerous statement. I half expected Villain to come back and say something like, "My fiancée is perfect the way she is, Jerk!" or "You have something against heavy set people?"

I saw plentyoffish.com ads on facebook. The chics in the pics are always wearing very little, (and of course always 10s), so I thought it was a dating site that specialized in displaying women wearing little or no clothes -- because my eyes were reading it as "plenty off-ish", meaning clothes. Am I the only person who was seeing that connotation with that name?

Plus the other connotation is "plenty offish". "Offish" means "aloof or distant in manner; not friendly." Which made me laugh because, I would think the last thing you want people to think of when deciding if they are going to pay a website to assist with asking someone out is to think the women are going to be plenty offish with you.

I have to ask this too: am I the only one who sees "plenty offish" in the site name? Somebody had to mention it to the creators of the site when they came up with the idea. "Ah, dude, you know you can read the site as plenty offish, right?" :rolleyes: Maybe rejection, or hard to get, has a sexual attraction for some.

So why do you all thing there's mostly heavy set ladies at this site?

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-28-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
(chuckle) I thought was a dangerous statement. I half expected Villain to come back and say something like, "My fiancée is perfect the way she is, Jerk!" or "You have something against heavy set people?"

I saw plentyoffish.com ads on facebook. The chics in the pics are always wearing very little, (and of course always 10s), so I thought it was a dating site that specialized in displaying women wearing little or no clothes -- because my eyes were reading it as "plenty off-ish", meaning clothes. Am I the only person who was seeing that connotation with that name?

Plus the other connotation is "plenty offish". "Offish" means "aloof or distant in manner; not friendly." Which made me laugh because, I would think the last thing you want people to think of when deciding if they are going to pay a website to assist with asking someone out is to think the women are going to be plenty offish with you.

I have to ask this too: am I the only one who sees "plenty offish" in the site name? Somebody had to mention it to the creators of the site when they came up with the idea. "Ah, dude, you know you can read the site as plenty offish, right?" :rolleyes: Maybe rejection, or hard to get, has a sexual attraction for some.

So why do you all thing there's mostly heavy set ladies at this site?
I think with most dating sites, theres going to be a large number of heavyset people from both genders because most of the time heavier people have lower self esteem and have a harder time meeting people.

Nothing wrong with big girls though, i've been with some before and honestly i'd rather have a girl with a body then a stick.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM
HDC Idol

I was lucky enough to meet my fiance at work, and also lucky that he was into horror and other odd stuff that I'm into... but if I were single, hey, I'd definitely hit up a site for horror-lovers... I met a previous boyfriend on a Buffy Fan site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I think with most dating sites, theres going to be a large number of heavyset people from both genders because most of the time heavier people have lower self esteem and have a harder time meeting people.
Yep - I have a friend who unfortunately fits into that category and isn't having much luck on Match and eHarmony either... I'll make sure to give her Freak's screenname, though... :cool:

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

Goth girls don't care much about comforming when it comes to their looks... it's probably as simple as that. That being said... have you guys ever noticed that the goth-related dating sites have a lot of fat guys as well, compared to other dating sites? :D Not that I mind at all... but it's actually true :D

I'm a heavy girl myself, and I actually find Online dating much more difficult than "real life"...

Anyway... these days I don't really care if a guy is into horror or video games or whatever else I'm into... as long as he accepts that I have the hobbies that I do.

Tags
dating, dating for horror fans, love