Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Little Boo

The Last Exorcism - How would you have written that ending?

[SPOILERS]

I went into the movie not expecting much (this was a few weeks back). Hopefully something scary that I would have to dare myself to keep watching. Then one of the Theater attendants came out and announced that if we "see any thing that disturbs us, we should leave the theater immediately."

I guess that got me excited. Are they legally required to do that now or something?

Anyway, I thought the film was surprisingly good! Until the last 5 minutes...

What a great set up! A pastor that doesn't believe in demons, but is forced to play along. The double threat of a demon girl and her crazy family! But what happened in the 9th inning?!

A cult? really? For some reason, as soon as cults get involved, I lose any sense of terror I may have once had. In the end it all boiled down to just regular ol' people robes. Doing what exactly? Bringing a demon into the world. Why? Why not?

I suppose I'm just over the whole "we're bringing on the end of the world because we're evil" approach.

But enough of my yammering. Surely we the here can come up with a better ending than what wound up on the big screen.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Evil Dead

I've heard nothing but bad about the movie. It's in my NetFlix queue, and I'll see it eventually. Really not in a hurry, based off of what I've heard and read.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Scares Little Kids

Currently this movie is in my watch list. Will watch it's video clips some time later.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ending? Wouldnt have changed a thing. Thought it was one of the most effective parts of the whole movie.

Script could've used some work though...it was like the writers knew where they wanted to go, but didnt have a sweet clue how to good there. I did enjoy the movie...worked well as a satire, and some of the performances were fantastic, but it really suffered from the total lack of direction. Decent enough, but could have been a lot better with a bit more polish.

Tags
exorcism