Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2021, 09:29 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 View Post
Butcher, Baker, nightmare Maker
Was this any good?
Old 03-21-2021, 10:38 PM
Evil Dead

AIRPORT '77 (1977). A Huge jet loaded with priceless art-and a great cast as well- is hijacked, flown off course and while flying low to avoid radar detection, clips an Oil rig and crashes into The Bermuda Triangle and sinking under the waves. Will the passengers/crew be rescued before water breaks through, crushes the machine or oxygen runs out?

The basic premise of this is silly, to be sure, but really like most of the cast, Special effects are better than You would expect and I found it enjoyable enough to watch to the end. >>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Christopher Lee has mentioned He enjoyed this as He is sort of a Hero, but try as I might, couldn't picture Him as an experienced Scuba Diver, much less married to nasty complaining Lee Grant, lovely as She is. He truly has the patience of Job with her, although some of his looks had me convinced the Red Eyes and Fangs were about to pop out And the cheers both Me and Mrs FD let out with Lee being sucker punched by Brenda Vacarro to calm her down..had heard it was the same in the theaters! ***
Old 03-23-2021, 08:04 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Body count
Old 03-23-2021, 12:28 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Was this any good?

Masterpiece.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:00 PM
Evil Dead

Trilogy of terror
Old 03-24-2021, 05:40 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I finally got to see Lucio Fulci's "Aeginma,' which is a comedy horror anti-bullying film, and is very well done with so many awesome looking kill scenes with the spirit of a dying victim of a college prank gone terribly wrong getting back at all those involved with it. This is like taking "Carrie" to a whole new level. There is also a lot of great action, stunt work, props, gore, drama, dialogue, scenery, with great smooth editing and a killer lively soundtrack on the background to provide a great lively mood for each scene as it goes along. This are also plenty of artsy and gory scenes throughout the movie as well, which are overall well done. This is yet another example on why Fulci is considered one of the better of the lower budget horror film makers who can take a low budget horror film, and not only make it look good, but also make it look like it is on a much bigger budget than it actually is. This is also highly recommend for fans of the older school Italian giallo horror films.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:44 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I also looked back at "The House That Dripped Blood," and it is even more amazing than I remember it. It also has a lot more great humor than I remembered. The ending I won't describe to avoid spoilers for the few who have not already seen it is too hilarious and timeless. This film is just another example of why Amicus is still holding up, still to this day, more than most horror anthology films, including ones from more recent years.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:33 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Hey RDB! Good to hear from ya!

Well, it's been a while since I've seen them, so allow me to be more general...
In regards to saying I wasn't a big fan of From Beyond, I know that's likely to get folks to say some nasty things to you . But it's pretty simple, it's a personal peeve I have with a high percent of Giallo films: I don't like illogical scenes. I can take a dream sequence in a film with the best of them, but a film that's full of illogical scenes irks me.

From Beyond, as far as remember, doesn't announce its dream sequence but it's full of illogical, unreal, and impossible scenes, including jump-cuts. You know, like the spiders killing the dude the way they did. If you know the film well, you already know what I mean. So it's just not something I enjoy. I still appreciated the film and enjoyed it in my own way, I'm just not a fan.

I was very looking forward to Opera. The trailers I saw had some great shots (thinking of movement shots through the crowded theatre). But the film as a whole had very few impressive shots (as I recall). It had some unrealistic scenes (thinking of killing scenes in the big room with props) where victims should have moved or escaped, stuff like that... which I was prepared for, but still rather something I endure. Overall, I just didn't find the story all that intriguing; and didn't really find it all that suspenseful or exciting either. I know Opera was very well received by critics, but I just have to be honest. Maybe I was in a horrible mood, and I should give it a second look.
Thanks, nice to be remembered :-)

Ok, I gotcha. That's kind of what I was wondering as far as The Beyond.

Fulci described The Beyond as "absolute cinema". It's "like" a nightmare. You have a setting in this case a house over a gateway to hell and then you have some zombies. The rest is just a series of events that happen. Much like in a dream you can be in one room with something happening and then walk into another and something else is going on. It's random to an extent, but shaped and/or tied together sometimes by the setting. That's kind of what is going on with The Beyond. It's not that it's a dream and it's not a film with a definite plot, it's here's a setting and here's some things that happened. Just a brief glimpse of time at a particular location. It's definitely an acquired taste but I guess because I can relate to the nightmare like aspect of it I find it one of his best works.

As far as Argento's Opera well, maybe because I actually listen to opera a good deal I enjoyed the story line a little more than some others, but I thought some of his ideas, like the needles beneath the eyes so you can't close your eyes to things were really inventive and statements often about life in general. I showed it to several friends over the years who were horror film enthusiasts and usually along with Tenebre and Suspiria it ranked among their favorites from Argento's catalogue.

But either way, thanks, it's been a while since I've been on and it's nice to talk about some stuff like this. I'm trying to find a little more time to pop in once in a while and see what's going on. I'm so out of the horror loop these days I've missed pretty much the last decade, although a lot of people say I haven't missed much
Old 03-25-2021, 11:55 AM
Evil Dead

The being
Old 03-25-2021, 07:55 PM
Evil Dead

Hell high