Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Hellraiser

are serial killers evolving?

ok before i begin let me say that im not a racist or anything, so im not trying to get a bunch of responses saying that i am, so just hear me out ok. for the last twenty years or so, every time some one starts killing people the f.b.i. releases a profile of the killer. and its always white male, late twenties to upper thirties, middle class, protestant. and for the most part they were right. but in the last couple of years i've noticed that serial and mass murderers have been getting more and more ethnical. ill give you two examples. first i live in louisiana and we had a serial killer running around last year, the baton rouge killer, and when they finally caught him it turned out to be an african american. boy did that blow everyones socks. my next example is the d.c. snipers, which im sure you are all aware of. now here comes my question, do you think that serial killers are changing for some reason, or is it some attempt to pin these crimes on minorities, or am i just jumping the gun and these were just two isolated incidences? i am looking for serious responses please.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:48 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Should'int this be in the true crime forum? oh well I think the race of a serial killer does not matter and I don't think they are evolving, because any kind of person can just snap and kill people and it just so happens there has been a couple of black people doing it lately, big deal it's like saying hockey is a diffirent sport if black people start playing it or Asian's. You refer to murdering like it's a underground organization and they choose who the killer is going to be, it's also like saying all black people think alike, but don't ge me wrong I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Hellacious Demon

I think u just jumped the gun. like killer clown said, anybody can flip out at anytime. the reason they flip out is unknown but i think i might know the answer. i think they get so pissed off on how they are treated and how they're life is going and they just go on a killing spree so they can let the anger out of them. if u have anger just take it out on some old stuffed animal u might just still have and beat the shit out of that instead of innocent people.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Saint of Killers

Are serial killers evolving?? No I dont think so, if they are evolving they are getting very sloppy in their work. I think that the methodical serial killer is gone and the guy who just goes on a shooting rampage is going to be around for a while. Those 2 knuckleheads in Maryland are the perfect example. All shots were fired less than 100 yards. Any one who has ever shot a rifle will tell you 100 yards isnt shit. Impress me by shooting 500 plus meters then I would be scared. That Bushmaster rifle(which personally I think is a piece of shit) and one like it are used at Camp Perry matches and other shooting matches with 1000 meter shoots. Manson, Gacy, Dahmer, Berkowitz, Zodiac Killer, Green river killer, Boston strangler, Ed Gein, and Jack the Ripper, these were some creative methodical killers. By todays standards though with the advance of forensic science they may not have been able to easily get away with their crimes as they did back then. Also I think that true serial killers have the right and wrong part of their brain shut off. I dont think that Dahmer ever sat around thinking that what he was doing was wrong, regardless of what the courts say. I think that today people are more likely to do things spontaneously than carefully plan out their course of action. We have become an instant satisfaction society, instant entertainment, instant gratification, instant coffee, and instant serial killers.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Evil Dead

No, serial killers are not evolving.. this is my opinion though. and there have been plenty of other races, besides white men, serial killing in the past and present. there is hundreds of serial killers just in the u.s.a now doing their work, and have not been caught.. Hell just think about all the killers that have not been caught.. Maybe the white middle aged man is just the dumbest and gets caught LOL so therefore we really dont know the typical serial killer .... :D

Fulci Lives!!!!