Old 10-08-2019, 07:54 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
The Conjuring 2.

Well...I loved the first one, thought Annabelle was shit...kind of looked forward to this as I figured, sure, part of the core series...they'll make some effort here.

It was ok.
I liked it better than Annabelle.
I just found, aside from a few jumps etc, atmospherically it wasn't really that scary at all, which was disappointing. It was just a ghost story, really.

I don't know how many people felt the same way or not.

With Annabelle being shithouse in my mind, but the "Creation" one being quite well liked it seems, and "The Curse of La Llorona" seemingly not very well received, and "The Nun" getting mixed reviews...I'm not sure what to think about the series.

It's beginning to feel a bit like the Final Destination series to me...strong first, decent second...the rest of it, I don't care about.
I agree. I really liked The Conjuring original, and I thought 2 was OK. I digged the events and story going on in England... I just didn't get, nor like, how they were trying to shoe-horn the Nun story into it. Seemed disjointed. It's not like Conjuring is the Avengers series. Should have just made them stand alone. We like the main characters, that's enough.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:23 AM
No, fuck YOU

In the Tall Grass 4-5/10

A movie about people walking in tall grass.

Directed by the guy behind the Cube trilogy and I could see some similarities. Also, Patrick Wilson was in it, so.... THAT’s good.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Evil Dead

The Art of Self-Defense (2019)

A liked this movie quite a lot. Jesse Eisenberg was good in it, it was humorous, it had peculiar and interesting characters. A good film.
8/10
Old 10-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Living Dead

Friday the 13th Part 2
Old 10-11-2019, 10:14 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post
The Art of Self-Defense (2019)

A liked this movie quite a lot. Jesse Eisenberg was good in it, it was humorous, it had peculiar and interesting characters. A good film.
8/10
If it had been a straight up comedy I believe I would have liked it a lot too. Instead it went very dark and at the same time totally unbelievable. That didn’t sit well with me.

6/10
Old 10-11-2019, 02:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

Anyone watch "El Camino" yet?
For (if this is possible) anyone that doesn't know this, it's a netflix movie follow up to the "Breaking Bad" series and focusses on Jessie Pinkman after the events of the show.
Seems like just about everyone loves it.

I started watching it. Pretty good so far - with the returning actors/characters falling nicely back into their chemistry.
Sadly, we started watching very late so only got about a half way through...but what I've seen so far I've liked. Obviously coming out of the kind of tragic events of the end of BB, so there's not really much of the comedy aspect going on, and the character is practically crawling back from ruin.
Don't know what it's leading up to...don't know how it'll end or if we'll ever see more from the BB universe ever again - but thus far, it's worthy.
It's nice to visit again.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:47 PM
病気の

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Thumb resize.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:05 AM
Evil Dead

Maggie - A zombie film with very little zombies in it. Not to mention the slowest turning zombies ever.

The concept sounds interesting. Reserve 90 minutes for what has only 1 minute in a regular zombie flick.

It was nice to see Schwarzenegger about as far away from the Terminator as possible and his portrayal of a man dealing with the loss of a child and the feeling of powerlessness that comes in it was pretty good.

They avoid the trap of turning this into a cheap tearjerker and the moment with the kiss on the forehead was pretty tense. That said:

Does that mean the film lives up to it's full potential?

Could they make more out of it with a different cast or script?

Does the element of zombies keep it from getting more recognition? Or is it the presence of Schwarzenegger?

Not sure.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:25 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Anyone watch "El Camino" yet?
For (if this is possible) anyone that doesn't know this, it's a netflix movie follow up to the "Breaking Bad" series and focusses on Jessie Pinkman after the events of the show.
Seems like just about everyone loves it.

I started watching it. Pretty good so far - with the returning actors/characters falling nicely back into their chemistry.
Sadly, we started watching very late so only got about a half way through...but what I've seen so far I've liked. Obviously coming out of the kind of tragic events of the end of BB, so there's not really much of the comedy aspect going on, and the character is practically crawling back from ruin.
Don't know what it's leading up to...don't know how it'll end or if we'll ever see more from the BB universe ever again - but thus far, it's worthy.
It's nice to visit again.
I only read the wiki as I thought Breaking Bad was a perfect show, one of the best TV shows ever and didn't need a movie sequel. I'm kind of curious about that lawyer show. But still I was relucant to watch Breaking Bad originally and was hooked. There aren't any bad episodes. But you just know watching that show that the end will be bad in the end. I think the saying is drug dealers always end of dead somewhere.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:45 AM
Evil Dead

Looks like good stuff for a gore hound.

Tags
movie