Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I didn't like House of 1000 Corpses mostly because it was just random torture to me. What did you like about the movie (not in a condescending way... just curious to see your thoughts )?
:shocked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goathead View Post
Is Captain Spaulding not enough reason to like this movie? :D

No seriously, it's the kind of movie where I prefer the bad guys than the good guys. I never hoped or wanted that the protagonists of the movie make it until the end. I was more attracted to the bad side here. It's like if the family are the protagonists here, and I like that approach, as it really works here. As I said, as this movie has a feeling of Helter Skelter, and as Rob Zombie has a fascination for the Manson cases, I personally get the same kind of fascination for the happenings in this house around Dr. Satan and so on. I don't know...it's hard to describe xD
I agree!! It was hard to not like the entire family, they each had something unique about them. It was like watching a twisted spin of The Munsters....LOL!! I liked the 70's atmosphere a lot!! Yes, it is hard to describe!! I think it's because there was so much going on and there were a lot of references (like Alice in Wonderland). I loved the fascination of Dr. Satan and his background story.

Quote:
Oh, I loved Captain Spaulding. He just needs his own television show

I just didn't like how random it was, and how it didn't really have a plot.
Yes, to the Captain Spaulding tv show but wtf to the no plot comment??!! It has a plot and it's understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Devil's Rejects is his best one. Really worth watching.
It's a sequel to House Of 1000 Corpses but way better than the original.
No psychedelic or abstract stuff. Just cool horror/action.
I felt that the sequel to House of 1000 Corpses should have had more emphasis on Dr. Satan. There were things that I liked and didn't like about The Devil's Rejects. Why do you feel it was his best one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyd1977 View Post
and in my humble opinion has one of the best climax`s to a movie ever, perfect blending of music and motion.
I agree completely! That was probably the only thing that I truly enjoyed about the movie.

Quote:
Can't be better than The Wicker Man.... I was amazed by that scene the first time I saw it.
:shocked:

Old 12-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Evil Dead

What's wrong with the last scene of the Wicker Man? You know I'm talking about the original, right??

And what semblance of a plot (besides dumbass teenagers looking for this "Dr. Satan" that randomly showed up at the end) was there in House of 1000 Corpses?
Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
What's wrong with the last scene of the Wicker Man? You know I'm talking about the original, right??

And what semblance of a plot (besides dumbass teenagers looking for this "Dr. Satan" that randomly showed up at the end) was there in House of 1000 Corpses?
Yes, I know you're talking about the original. I am not a fan of either versions of the Wicker Man.

It was more than just a group of teenagers looking for Dr. Satan. Maybe you should give it a second look and catch the references?? It really is a fun movie, especially with the music and 70's atmosphere. This is just MHO.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Evil Dead

I'm not giving that piece of crap a second look... it was boring, and if a movie has to have references to be good, then I'll just be lost and not like it.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:30 AM
病気の

Quote:
Here is your first look at Malcolm McDowell from my next film 31. Malcolm plays Father Napoleon-Horatio-Silas Murder the mastermind behind the most dangerous game alive 31.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Can't wait to see it!!!!!

Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

I didn't like Rob's last 2 films. If I don't like this one, I won't be checking for him again. I was highly disappointed with Lords of Salem. I can't wait for this though
Old 12-22-2015, 06:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRl View Post
I didn't like Rob's last 2 films. If I don't like this one, I won't be checking for him again. I was highly disappointed with Lords of Salem. I can't wait for this though
I liked all of his movie except for Lords of Salem, don't know what the fuck he was thinking....

Old 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Penthouse Pauper

I'm going to give 31 a chance. I liked House of 1000 corpses, & really loved The Devil's Rejects. He lost me on the Halloween remakes though. I still can't understand his thinking behind all of that.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:37 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
I'm going to give 31 a chance. I liked House of 1000 corpses, & really loved The Devil's Rejects. He lost me on the Halloween remakes though. I still can't understand his thinking behind all of that.
I liked the first one. it's in the same category as the other new remakes. They try to make the audience have sympathy for the killers. I liked that. I didn't like part 2 because there were too many dream sequences and the whole white horse thing was corny. It was just an excuse to put his wife in the film(something he should stop doing).