Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

Old 06-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hann...-4-1201525404/

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: NBC Cancels ‘Hannibal’ After Three Seasons

“Hannibal” won’t live to see a fourth season on NBC, the broadcaster announced Monday.

Currently in its third season, which premiered June 4, the drama will finish up its entire 13-episode run in the same 10 p.m. timeslot Thursday nights this summer, wrapping up on Sept. 3, with the season-three finale serving as the series ender.

Created by Bryan Fuller, “Hannibal,” which debuted in spring 2013, stars Hugh Dancy, Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Gillian Anderson and Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Season 3 starts up tomorrow (Thursday, June, 4th)! I wasn't sure if I was going to look forward to it or not, but after watching the trailer, I'm fucking ecstatic. They're bringing in Dolarhyde already. They changed so much of the books as is though, why bother being canon now. At least the changes they're made have been entertaining thus far.
In light of today's events perhaps Dolarhyde was a last ditch effort to swing some Red Dragon fans to the show.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:04 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Hannibal cancelled

i'm not okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
In light of today's events perhaps Dolarhyde was a last ditch effort to swing some Red Dragon fans to the show.
Perhaps.

I can't say I blame the fans for turning away from NBC's Hannibal somewhat... It's strayed so far from the books and killed so many of the canon characters, I'm actually somewhat upset myself. But I love Mads as Hannibal so much I can't say no. Hearing that it's going to get cancelled is just crushing.

I don't know if this lends much hope, but it's worth a shot right?

Netflix seriously needs more Hannibal regardless. They only have Silence of the Lambs (which everyone and their damn MOTHER has seen), and Man Hunter (okay that's actually impressive). I'll never see Hannibal Rising

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Evil Dead

"Aperitivo"

SPOILERS

I thought it was interesting getting insight into Hannibal Lecter's victims. The intro showing the bullet going through Dr. Chilton's face in slow motion looked really cool. I liked the special effects makeups during his meeting with Mason Verger. I wonder why Michael Pitt didn't return to play the character? Glad to see Alana return. The scenes with Jack and his wife were genuinely touching. The special effects makeup during Mason Verger's reconstructive surgery was gruesome. Really looking forward to next week.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Banned

I was saddened to hear of the cancellation, thought the first series was great. Not seen the other two yet, and won't after that as I'm not involved with Netflix.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:51 AM
Evil Dead

"Contorno"

SPOILERS

Glad we got another look at the human fire fly at the beginning of the episode such a wild and disturbing visual. Was not expecting Chiyoh to push Will off of the train. I thought they did a good job with detective Pazzi's death scene and Hannibal throwing him out the window his guts splattering on the pavement. The subsequent fight scene between Jack and Hannibal was also quite good and I loved the use of Giaochino Rossini's La gazza ladra playing in the background. Excellent way to end the episode.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead

"Digestivo" Great episode!

SPOILERS

Excellent intro from Hannibal and Will being captured to Chiyoh saving Jack. I really enjoyed the dialogue during the dinner scene. Cordell's bloody face sliding off of Verger looked insane. Alana and Margot feeding Mason to his own eel was great. I was not expecting Hannibal surrendering to Jack at the end. Red Dragon week!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Evil Dead

"The Great Red Dragon"

SPOILERS

Excellent opening introducing Francis Dolarhyde. Richard Armitage gives a great performance without even saying a word completely sells it solely using mannerisms and body language. Of course they included all the right images, the William Blake painting, the false teeth and broken mirror, even the blood soaked moon ritual. The film wrapping around his face and his head becoming the movie projector was a really cool visual. Interesting how we see from Hannibal's perspective and he doesn't think of himself as being locked up. I really liked how they showed Will going through the house and reliving the Tooth Fairy massacre. Glad to see Scott Thompson return. I'm really excited about the rest of this story arc but sad the show is winding down.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead

"And the Woman Clothed with the Sun..."

SPOILERS

Great to see Will and Hannibal reunited and the Abigail Hobbs flashbacks were interesting. The line "Blood leaves the body at a gallop then a stumble" instantly became one of my favorite quotes from the series and I thought some of the dialogue in this episode was quite good. Glad to see Freddy Lounds return. Richard Armitage continues to be good as Francis Dolarhyde and it was nice to see Reba McClane introduced. Will getting into the Tooth Fairy's head was pretty disturbing. The Hannibal and Jack scene was good as well. I was not expecting Dolarhyde to actually call Hannibal.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Evil Dead

SPOILERS

Episode 10 "And the Woman Clothed in the Sun" Showing the phone conversation from Dolarhyde's perspective was interesting and having him call from Hannibal's office was a nice touch. Actually showing the Great Red Dragon posing with the flames behind him was a really cool visual. I was really happy to see they included the tiger scene and although I've seen two other versions of it I was still impressed with this. Rutina Wesley looked amazing in that gold dress. Nice to see Zachary Quinto show up seeing him choke and Gillian Anderson reach her arm down his throat was really disturbing. I thought the Hannibal and Will scene was fantastic. Dolarhyde eating the William Blake painting and manhandling Will in the elevator was a great way to end the episode.