Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2020, 04:43 PM
This is a test

THE BONE BOX 2020?

A man robs graves to settle a huge gambling debt and starts to feel like he is being haunted by his victims.

It was ok, felt more like a Twilight Zone or some such.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:04 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Sea Fever 6-7/10

Well acted and quite fast paced. If only they had spend most of the time below the surface instead of above I would probably have liked this movie a whole lot more.

Swallow ?/10

Somebody spoil this movie for me. The story moved on so damn slow that I fell asleep within the first half hour and I’m not going to try watching it again. Still I’m curious about the endning tho.
The butler did it. And the swallow gets away.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:15 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The butler did it. And the swallow gets away.
Thank you.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:13 PM
No, fuck YOU

We Summon the Darkness 3/10

Retarded story, dislikable characters and cringy dialogue. Awful movie.

An English Haunting 6/10

What worked was the setting, the score, the atmosphere and the performance by the young man in the lead.

What didn’t work so well was the execution of the story, the weird dialogue, the performances by anyone else than the young man and the grandpa who didn’t look creepy, just indian.

All in all the whole thing felt like a young directors first attempt to make a horror movie. Some things he knew how to do well, like setting up a creepy atmosphere, but then sadly ruin it with jump scares instead of continue the slow creepiness. But he got the right ingredients, the huge castle, the unsetteling music throughout and some good ideas for scary scenes and overall story.
But what the director obviously hasn’t learned yet is transforming a script into a movie, as the story just wasn’t told very well. Also the dialogue wasn’t very convincing either. Very unnatural. Also the characters actions was equally unconvincing. Nobody would’ve stayed in that castle more than a night, but somehow both the mom and son took it like champs.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:03 AM
Evil Dead

THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE (2001). Quirky Coen Brothers film that is a Noir film (in gorgeous Black and White) that throws in X FILES elements. Billy Bob Thornton is probably the biggest blank slate imaginable ("I just cut the Hair") and must smoke about 200 cigarettes before the film is over. In true Noir fashion, he tries to improve his lot and it all goes wrong. Good film, but just a little too languid and I found the ending unsatisfying. Worth seeing anddecent performances by BBT, Frances McDormand, James Gandolfini, a young Scarlett Johansen ("Heavens to Betsy, Birdie!") and Tony Shaloub as an incredibly rude conceited lawyer who seems to be making it up as He goes along. ***
Old 04-12-2020, 02:39 AM
Living Dead

Evidence (2013), directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.

It's more like a thriller than a horror, although I found it on the list of recommended found footage horrors. It's quite a mess, but still entertaining (possibly because of some nice twists in the end).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Loved the first two you listed. Wasnt that crazy about T.H.O.B. 2 though.
I didn't have any expectations before watching "The Houses October Built" and I was surprised in a positive way. I know that for many people the sequel was unnecessary and obviously crap which I partially agree. I wasn't impressed - it was far from scary but.. with all the nonsense movies that are made nowadays, it was still quite fun and I wasn't bored watching it.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:28 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila Munster View Post
Evidence (2013), directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.

It's more like a thriller than a horror, although I found it on the list of recommended found footage horrors. It's quite a mess, but still entertaining (possibly because of some nice twists in the end).

I didn't have any expectations before watching "The Houses October Built" and I was surprised in a positive way. I know that for many people the sequel was unnecessary and obviously crap which I partially agree. I wasn't impressed - it was far from scary but.. with all the nonsense movies that are made nowadays, it was still quite fun and I wasn't bored watching it.
Malia, have you seen the found footage "Hell House LLC" 2015. Its the first one in a series of three. The other 2 are all right but i like the first one the best. You might like it.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:28 AM
病気の

Wake of Death, 2004. 7/10

Director: Philippe Martinez

Thumb resize.

The Turning, 2020. 7/10

Director: Floria Sigismondi

Thumb resize.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Malia, have you seen the found footage "Hell House LLC" 2015. Its the first one in a series of three. The other 2 are all right but i like the first one the best. You might like it.
Hey Bloof, I watched it today because of your recommendation. Actually:
Hell House LLC (2015), directed by Stephen Cognetti.
Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire (2019), directed by Stephen Cognetti.

Unfortunately, I didn't have an opportunity to watch the second part but I like the other two. Even more, I loved the first one. It was surprisingly creepy. However, I must say that the third part was a bit of a letdown. I mean, it wasn't boring but I think that some scenes could be done better and more "convincing".
Old 04-15-2020, 01:16 AM
Immortal horror fan

I just put a big Galaxy of Terror review in the 70s / 80s topic. I don't review here that often anymore since there isn't much discussion. Just watched movie posts. But just in case people don't check over there.

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...ostcount=41519

I'm more a fan of just having an overall last seen horror movie topic. But I think that was discussed before a few years ago when people were posting normal movies.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 04-15-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Tags
movie