Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I remember feardotcom being surprisingly good. What did you dislike about it?
I don't think there was anything I actually liked about it. I felt angry at myself when I finished it.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:36 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post

I love me a good crime movie, so I'm glad this one made up for the disaster that was FeardotCom that I watched yesterday.

FeardotCom is ridiculously awesome!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Evil Sweat

Wishmaster (1997)
Second viewing since it got released.
The movie is far from perfect but it's a fun watch.

Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (1999)
Don't remember seeing this one before.
Dumber than the first one but more entertaining.

Anyone know if the other two sequels are worth a watch?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Evil Dead

The Possession of Michael King (2014)

This is just one of those movies I found on Netflix that looked slightly interesting. In this sudden resurgence of the possession genre, The Possession of Michael King is just another lame entry. The Possession of Michael King concerns an atheist who is making a documentary trying to disprove the supernatural. He participates in multiple satanic rituals to show that even the darkest magic is fake, and realizes that it's actually real. And then demons. Despite its admittedly interesting premise, The Possession of Michael King is just another boring assault on the ears since every five minutes the movie decides to throw in an unnecessarily gratuitous jump scare without any sort of suspense leading up to it. I actually had to turn the volume down on my computer so low that I could barely hear the dialog. Instead of delving into the science vs religion themes presented in the first act, the film just goes straight to the satanic rituals, bodily deterioration and gross-out scares. It never really entertains, scares or gives the viewer something original and rather gives us a barrage of pointless jump scares and a been-there-done-that story. If you want an exorcism movie that does the science vs religion trope correctly, I suggest The Last Exorcism. Otherwise, stay away from this generic and dull flick.

3/10
Old 08-05-2015, 12:38 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Raven
*last day for it on Netflix*

"A brilliant-but-boozy author, Edgar Allen Poe, and a Balitmore cop try to solve a string of baffling murders inspired by Poe's macabre short stories."

I liked it. kind of like RDJ's Sherlock Holmes with the drama and intense scores, but much more geared towards adult audiences. The deaths (if you are at all familiar with Poe's works) are quite bloody and full of creative genius. The two leads played well off each other, and were enjoyable enough to watch. I can't think of a whole lot to say on it, but if you wish to give it a watch I say go for it.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Horror > Everything

At The Devil's Door

I loved it. I like movies that keep me guessing and this one did. There are times that the film gives you what you are expecting, but just as often they flip things around enough to leave you on not so solid ground. Fine acting doesn't hurt and there's some strong work on screen here.

As supernatural movies go, At The Devil's Door doesn't look, feel or even sound like the glut of recent possession flicks. It's refreshingly light on jump scares, preferring more subtle ways of putting the frighteners on its audience. Conversely, there is one scene that something really creepy happens, but the director drops it right in our laps and just as quickly pulls it away, and it very effectively left me asking if what just happened,,,well, happened.
There is one other thing that really stood out about this one, but it would require a spoiler, and I aint that kinda dude. My advice is to give it a try. It's one of the rare films that I feel confident recommending to anyone who likes dark and thoughtful horror.

Last edited by Repo'd; 08-05-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:03 PM
病気の

The Gallows, 2015. POS/10

Thumb resize.

The worse movie I have ever seen in my life. Fuck this POS. Who in the fuck names their kid, Fifer.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
The Gallows, 2015. POS/10

Thumb resize.

The worse movie I have ever seen in my life. Fuck this POS. Who in the fuck names their kid, Fifer.
Yet somehow you liked feardotcom
Old 08-05-2015, 06:23 PM
病気の

Goodnight Mommy, 2014. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Beautiful cinematography and you can see subtle hints throughout their house and through actions that all come into play and wrap up this film nicely.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Evil Sweat

Rubber (2010)
Thumb resize.

A tire becomes alive, has homicidal tendencies and goes on a rol.
This one falls in the category "And now for something completely different".
It was pretty good and brilliant at times. If they took a different approach it would've been a cult classic imo.

Grave Encounters 2 (2012)
Thumb resize.

Not great, not bad, just ok.
But there were some things I really liked.

Tags
movie