Old 09-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Eye Catching

wow I have only just started getting into graphic novels. Watchmen was great and currently reading Sandman loving it not scary no but theres a great list there when I am done. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Evil Dead

A few ones I've just picked up...

*The OZ/Wonderland Chronicles, this shit looks awesome, characters from both universes involved...haven't taken the time to read through yet, but I'll definately be "collecting" this one.
Great artwork.

*Legend - 4-part 2005 series from WildStorm. I usually hate WS stuff, but this one is cool by me. Basically a superman kinda story with a few differences...not the most original, but kinda compelling to read.

Horror stuff
*Escape of the Living Dead - Airborne.
Just seen the art so far, typical style for the series, very bloody, those into gore will like it. It's been an "ok" zombie title so far from what I've seen, but this one seems a little better.

*Lore

*I am Legend
Both some very nice looking vampire type stuff...I'll update.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Scares Little Kids

I have been reading escape the dead, and they are great I find them exciting, I all so started a texes chainsaw massacre bad moon rising and nightmare on elm street and they are all good, robert shit I can't t think of his last name but he put out a awsome werewolf comic.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Agree with everything above and must add

The Goon - horror comedy

Goon is a mafia thug fighting zombies and the ocasional Metallic man, The art and color are great and the dialogue is pure gold.

An oft-overlooked gem.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Preacher & Sin City are the 2 most awesome comics around. The best part is that they are both complete already so you can read them start to finish without having to wait a month for the next issue. Preacher is more horror oriented than Sin City though.

I've been keeping my fingers crossed for years in hopes of them getting a green light on a Preacher movie, or better yet an HBO series. I think it'd be awesome!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:29 PM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
THe Walking Dead is a good series and Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing has some horror in it.
loved the alan moore swamp things - i still remember one about a clockwork village made of robots who turn vicious when their maker is killed. . . really horrific final images there

i'd also recommend hellboy which, while not 'scary' per se, is a great read and much MUCH better than the movie (I liked the movie only because of the comics)
Old 10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Evil Dead

This is sorta shameless, but I just launched a new horror webcomic, which anybody can read online for free.

It's an anthology, new stories every month.

The firrst comic, "The Executioner is a Lonely Man," tells the story of two men who become neighbors on death row. Barrett, the row's newest arrival, is marking time until his execution. Transformed by guilt, he has accepted his fate, and waits for death. The other man, Doc, a long-time death row resident, asserts his innocence and strikes up an understanding, if not exactly friendship, with him. But one of the men has a dark secret — A secret that the other will only learn in the execution chamber, at the end of the gallows rope.

You can read it at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip

Sam
Old 10-28-2006, 11:39 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCostello View Post
This is sorta shameless, but I just launched a new horror webcomic, which anybody can read online for free.

It's an anthology, new stories every month.

The firrst comic, "The Executioner is a Lonely Man," tells the story of two men who become neighbors on death row. Barrett, the row's newest arrival, is marking time until his execution. Transformed by guilt, he has accepted his fate, and waits for death. The other man, Doc, a long-time death row resident, asserts his innocence and strikes up an understanding, if not exactly friendship, with him. But one of the men has a dark secret — A secret that the other will only learn in the execution chamber, at the end of the gallows rope.

You can read it at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip

Sam
I really liked it.

The ending was pretty obvious, but it was a very well written story. I'll definatly keep track of your site and read more.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Evil Dead

Thanks!

I worried that the ending might be a too obvious, too, so I'll have to try to go in different directions for future stories.

The next story will be online in middle November.

Take care,

Sam
Old 11-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Misanthrope

Buddy Does Seattle by Peter Bagge.