Old 11-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Banned

I called it! And now according to the preview for the next 3 episodes of Walking Dead, the show is ruined.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:56 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I called it! And now according to the preview for the next 3 episodes of Walking Dead, the show is ruined.
Good call, Morn! It didn't make a lot of sense that Jadis was standing near where Rick was. I guess Rick was on the bridge, but I would think the blast would push him back from the bridge. I guess when the bridge collapsed he fell in and got washed down stream and up on, or climbed on, the shore. The whole gang would have been very close to the helo coming down too.

Pretty good episode I thought.

I guess in the previews they have Judith around 7, and a new group coming in. Could be interesting.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:15 AM
Banned

I just think the way it ended showing that Judith is older and basically taking over where her dad and brother left off seems corny and is getting pretty tired. I guess I'm just tired of the repetition is all.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:19 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I just think the way it ended showing that Judith is older and basically taking over where her dad and brother left off seems corny and is getting pretty tired. I guess I'm just tired of the repetition is all.
Good point. You could see Judith as just taking the place of Rick, and taking new folk in seems like the same repetition. They show her being adventurous, which is something nobody else was last season. At least they're evolving the walkers.

I thought one the of the better parts was when they followed the train tracks to Terminus. They went through that at a good pace. Needs more of that. Settling down doesn't really make for this type of show.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:45 AM
Banned

I think the evolving Walkers are actually going to turn out to be the whispers. I really have no problem with Judith being older it just seemed like they turn it into a children's show. The way she introduced herself she sounded so happy and cheerful about introducing herself but I know that's just bad acting and I take into account that it is a little girl but still... there is honestly a part of me that doesn't want to watch anymore and wants to just leave it at this. Rick got out. He lost his son and his wife and I know he loved Judith like his own but she was not his daughter. She will take over in his place, unlike in the comics, Carolyn or Ezekiel die, they will live happily together even if it's in the zombie apocalypse, and Negan, as much as I love the character, will rot in his jail cell.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 AM
ventricle

SPOILERS - Evolution

Watched last show Evolution. It is indeed the group called the Whisperers, and not an evolution of the zombies.

This line isn't as interesting, as it's just another group of people, rather then upping the ante on the threat from the zombies alone. But it's probably for the best considering it's important not to look to closely at the science of the zombies, cause otherwise, they really couldn't exit as is. Namely, they couldn't move/live without consuming water (which we've never seen them do), and circulate it with an energy source, but not that they couldn't get water somehow.

Cool ending where we discover the Whisperers by one acting like a zombie till the last minute, to then duck a strike by Jesus, and then stab him in the heart and kill him.

It's too bad they didn't do more with Jesus. I remember his first introduction where he was karate fighting against Rick and Daryl -- probably one of the best sequences of the series. Would loved to have seen him do a lot more of that throughout the entire time he's been around, especially the way the action had become so blasé. Not to mention they had hinted at some interesting opinions, but then back that off to him being a loyal servant of Maggie, only gently encouraging togetherness.

They introduced an interesting mystery: something happened in the core group that caused the three cities to separate. They hint at Michonne feeling she was double-crossed by someone close, possibly Maggie, which is why Michonne hasn't been to Hilltop in over a year and had no idea Maggie was gone to Georgie's group.

Now they're in a break until Feb 10.

Things in the future would be the small group currently surrounded by the Whisperers at the graveyard. Nagen has escaped; what is he going to do? They'll be discovering who the Whisperers are and what they're up to. Other than that, the new group of characters entering Hilltop which adds unpredictability.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-29-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Banned

I went ahead and finished the season despite being highly annoyed that they took the main character off the show. With that said, I watched it because of the whispers. I know a lot of people who don't follow the comics don't know about them. I don't read the comics either but a friend of mine who does told me about them a few years ago so when they showed in the preview for the last remaining episodes, at the end of Rick's last episode, when Aaron and somebody else were talking about the Walkers just raising basically, I knew it was them. The Walkers cannot evolve. When I heard one of them whisper don't let them get away that was the absolute definitive confirmation for me.

That reveal was creepy though. I mean the tension was nowhere near as high as it was when Negan Finally Revealed himself, knowing that someone was going to die. However, this was scarier than that. The way they said that final scene up with the lighting, the setting, The Whispers, And the fact that poor Jesus got killed, it was a great scene!

The only thing I am worried about though is that going to be the highlight of how they make the audience feel. I mean after the scene with Negan and the first episode after the break were really intense but after that it just went to shit. He was fun to watch but there was no tension whatsoever felt by me or anyone else I talk to about it. I just hope they can keep the flow going with the whisperers because this has the elements to be downright scary if they do it right.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM
ventricle

Totally agree. They can't make this Whisperers thing scary and suspenseful. The setting in the last episode was done really well, with all the fog.

And yeah, I thought the Negan reveal, the battle Rick does trying to survive in that RV was cool too, and then the show slowly went down. I also thought the buildup and reveal of the Terminus was well done.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Well after putting a little thought into it, remember how everyone freaked the hell out over the mid-season premiere where it actually showed Glenn and Abraham get killed and everyone and their fucking brother started simultaneously having their periods all at once over it? I'm assuming that had a lot to do with why they didn't make Negan as brutal as he is in the comics aside from that one scene. There is only one Negan though and the whispers are an entire group where one has just as much Authority as the other. They live among the walkers and the way they whisper is creepy as fuck. I mean when the one who killed Jesus " you are aware you do not belong" and when they were walking past Eugene and Rosita, the one that said don't let them get away, both gave me chills. They have so much potential to put some actual horror back into this series with the whispers.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:42 AM
ventricle

somebody offered up a good idea on the whole Jadis, helo-people "A"s and "B"s thing...

Noting the elaborate zombie biting devices Jadis used on Negan and Gabe, and the helo close by, maybe A is after bit, and B is before bit. Rick was a B.

So maybe they want recently bit people to research curing them.

It's odd, if they know Jadis is inflicting the bites, why wouldn't they prefer non-bit captured people where they would infect them themselves? Would fit better if they wanted accidental bites, but Negan/Gabe would have told them how it happened.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-04-2018 at 05:24 PM.