Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorePhobia View Post
OMFG I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SHAKEY FUCKING CAM!

Let me see you filming a party then all of a sudden something attack your city and during it you wanted to try and film stuff for people to see later but yet thousands of people are pushing you because they are running for their lives and your running and shit is blowing up near you.

Let me see you not have a shakey cam.
I'm not saying it sucked, I can't help that it made me feel sick.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Token Black Guy

Actually, I think most video cameras these days come with some kind of anti-shake feature.

I'm gonna see it in an hour, and if the theatre is filled with noisy jackasses and ringing phones, there's gonna be a REAL monster loose in the dark.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
I'm not saying it sucked, I can't help that it made me feel sick.
I wasn't putting that toward you. I just hate when people say that it was stupid the way they did it. In my honest opinion it helped with the chaos that was occurring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
Actually, I think most video cameras these days come with some kind of anti-shake feature.

I'm gonna see it in an hour, and if the theatre is filled with noisy jackasses and ringing phones, there's gonna be a REAL monster loose in the dark.
They do come with this feature but you need to turn it on in order for it to work and since it wasn't even the dude's camera nor did he even know how to turn the light or nightvision on I am sure he didn't know how to implement the SteadiCam feature.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Something I think would be better:

SPOILER
I wish that the last person alive would have been Hud. This movie seemed realistic up until the point where the last ones living were the guy who had a party and was the center of attention and the girl he liked. Lily's boyfriend died right when everything started and the girl Hud liked died about halfway through. Plus I think it would have been cool to see Hud's "If you find this" speech, seeing as he is the person behind the camera you see less than the monster. I thought it would have been cool if he was the last one is all I'm saying.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Token Black Guy

I'll agree with that above...

Now havnig seen it I think it was very decent. I was afraid it would not live up to the hype, but I think it delivered. It was a little slow in the beginning, and they overdid the shaky camera a little. But overall I thought it was good. Go in expecting a monster trashing the city, and a desperate battle to stay alive from the point of view of an average guy, and you won't be disappointed.

It's not easy to do a serious monster movie. I think this is almost as good as you can expect in that genre. I give it 4 slushos out of 5.

SPOILER

I didn't ilke how indestructible the creature seemed... direct fire from a 155mm howitzer, and a B2 drops its whole payload to no effect. Typical 500 pound bombs will turn steel and concrete into hot slush, much less living tissue. Oh well, suspension of disbelief and all that.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

Haven't seen it yet but I have two words....tri-pod......wait... is that one word...its hyphenated.......i'm not sure........one word or two......fuck.

so ya run a bit....carrying the tri-pod.....put it down...shoot a bit of film......run some more.......get the picture.

a bit awkward....but doable
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Haven't seen it yet but I have two words....tri-pod......wait... is that one word...its hyphenated.......i'm not sure........one word or two......fuck.

so ya run a bit....carrying the tri-pod.....put it down...shoot a bit of film......run some more.......get the picture.

a bit awkward....but doable
Who the fuck would grab a TRIPOD, when there is a giant fucking monster destroying the city, just so they could stop, set it up, take a shot, pick it up, and run away again?!?!?!?!?!?!
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Evil Dead

Looked to me halfway between the goliath boss in painkiller, with the facial features of one of those resistance baddies...
I was wondering if it was just the one creature.
Not bad.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
Who the fuck would grab a TRIPOD, when there is a giant fucking monster destroying the city, just so they could stop, set it up, take a shot, pick it up, and run away again?!?!?!?!?!?!
A real pro....thats who.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Praise "Bob"

Question Martians use tripods

I think a camera mounted on a giant pogo-stick would be better.
Four people bouncing up and down in unison while the DP is screaming "A bit more to the left ... mind that tree !"

Or a trained Dalek with a head-cam.