Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Dude! What the FUCK?!!? (Dracula)

DUDE!!!

WHAT the FUCK?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!?

Hi everyone, this thread is for no real reason, I just wanted to curse and yell and scream. No, well, actually, I might as well give this a real topic.

Which Classic Dracula do you prefer? Chris Lee? Lugosi? Carlos Villarias? Francis Lederer? Maybe John Carradine? And WHY do you prefer that one? Why, goddammit, WHY???
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Hi Filmmaker as of right now I prefer Chistopher Lee but I would love to see Universals spanish version with Carlos Villarias just so I can compare both 1931 movies. One of the main reasons I prefer Lee is because he was Dracula 7 times and he did a good job each time.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Dude! What the FUCK?!!? (Dracula)

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
DUDE!!!

WHAT the FUCK?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!?

Hi everyone, this thread is for no real reason, I just wanted to curse and yell and scream. No, well, actually, I might as well give this a real topic.

Which Classic Dracula do you prefer? Chris Lee? Lugosi? Carlos Villarias? Francis Lederer? Maybe John Carradine? And WHY do you prefer that one? Why, goddammit, WHY???
Feeling a little stressed, dear? Deep breaths, deep breaths. Maybe some meditation would help. MediTation, not mediCation! LOL

My favorite Dracula is Christopher Lee. Very simply, he's the best!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

i thought this was gonna be about the sequal to 'Dude, where's my car'
Old 02-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i thought this was gonna be about the sequal to 'Dude, where's my car'
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Yeah, see, the problem I have is I like 3 of the Draculas for different reasons. I liked Lugosi's speaking voice and body language, Chris Lee's politeness instantly changing into animalistic frenzy, Carlos Villarias for his Lon Chaney impersonation...it's all good.

Even though it was the script and not the performance, I liked Carradine in "House of Dracula" because he seemed realistically honorable to his "deal" with Boris Karloff. (Although, anyone who thinks entering into a business relationship with Dracula is a good idea is clearly kind of nuts.)

I felt bad for Dracula when he got screwed in that movie. Even he didn't deserve that. Used like a two-dollar extra!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Gary Oldman.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Evil Dead

Gary did a pretty bitchin job as being Dracula no doubt but I still prefer Lee.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

To be honest, I've never seen any form of Dracula as much more than camp trying to be scary.

Sure, many of the films are classics, but all that mincing around with wide eyes and swooshy capes and vanting to bite necks doesn't really do it for me (other vampires are much scarier - what about Barlow from 'Salem's Lot, and Van Helsing's daughter in the 1979 Dracula with Frank Langella: "Papa!"... brrr!).

I'll plump for Klaus Kinski's "Nosferatu" - not the official "Dracula" per-se, but close enough in spirit.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Evil Dead

Well I think Bram Stoker wrote Dracula as being scary from other vampires by not looking like an ugly creature with fangs that will suck your blood. Stoker made Dracula scary by having look like a regular person. Stoker made out Dracula as being a guy like Donald Trump someone rich and atractive to women. Count Dracula didnt look like a Vampire and when you find out that he is its to late. Thats what made Dracula scary and he was dubbed the Prince of Darkness. I agree as far as downright ugly scary Vampires Graf Orlock and Barlow are pretty scary characters and thats why horror fans like them.