Old 11-20-2020, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

THE PAWNBROKER (1964). Well made, albeit depressing film of a Holocaust survivor running a Harlem Pawn Shop where the vast majority of His customers are "Scum"-his words. Rod Steiger is fantastic as the Emotionally berefit former Professor, haunted by memories who has shut out just about everyone. The extremely powerful ending hints that there may be a change and He will able to move forward, but leaves things open to interpretation.
Early performances by Jaime Sanchez (THE WILD BUNCH), Reni Santoni (the partners to both DIRTY HARRY and COBRA) and I believe Morgan Freeman's first role as a Man in the street.
Lots of controversy here with both Jewish and African-Americans finding stereotypes in the story, one of the first openly Gay Characters on screen, the first American production to deal with The Holocaust and the first glimpse of Bare Breasts in a film when The Code was still enforced (albeit on its way out), although there is nothing erotic about either scenes. ***1/2
Old 11-27-2020, 09:47 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Brides of Dracula (1960)
Old 11-29-2020, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

2000 MANIACS (1964). Put off by misplaced road signs, some Northern travelers find themselves arriving in a Southern town's Celebration as "Guests of Honor", but they soon have nothing to celebrate about. Second film by HG Lewis/David Friedman after the phenomenal success of BLOOD FEAST is about as gruesome with the same horrible acting/production values (even some of BF's cast), but 2M does have some scenes that have style and can be nerve wracking, particularly a Local showing one of the guests his skills with implements. Also, see if You don't find Yourself singing along with the Pleasant Valley Boys "Yeeeee-HAH! The South's gonna rise again!" **1/2
Old 11-29-2020, 09:03 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

I just saw Mario Bava's "Black Sunday," which has nothing to do with the American movie from the 1970s about terrorists wanting to bomb the Super Bowl, but is about a witch and her husband who were tried and murdered for their satanic deeds back in the 1600s, then accidentally resurrected when a professor accidentally cracks open her glass tomb. Her spirit then has her husband rise from the grave to get into the castle of the descendants who tired and murdered them to not only get revenge, but also for the witch to be reborn through their youngest daughter. Just like most of Mario Bava's horror films, this one is an eye opener and very intense from beginning to end. This is also a black and white classic horror film from 1960, starring Barbara Steele. Those who like Mario Bava and/or Barbara Steele should definitely give this one a look.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:56 AM
Evil Dead

THE LOUISIANA HUSSY (1959). Found this by pure chance and it falls into the category of "So Bad It's Good." Young Seductive Nan Petersen (built like a Brick House-she was in a lot of TV and probably best remembered as the Piano Singer in THE HIDEOUS SUN DEMON) leaves disaster in her wake as She sets her eyes on anything in pants, driving a wedge between two brothers, one who is pissed at another already due to other one marrying a woman the both love (Betty Lynn who later went on to be Barney Fife's girlfriend in THE Andy Griffith SHOW). Very campy, but I found it a decent time waster and quite racy for the time. Also has Peter Coe who trod the boards in THE MUMMY'S CURSE and HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN. ***
Old 11-30-2020, 09:46 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Gorgon (1964)
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Curse of The Werewolf (1961)
Old 12-03-2020, 05:26 AM
Little Boo

Dracula!! 1931

Dracula from 1931 is one of my favourite old horrors.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:21 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Phantom of the Opera (1962)
Old 12-05-2020, 07:18 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Paranoiac (1963)

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 12-05-2020 at 07:46 PM.