Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Hi Classic your right Godzilla is a fictional movie monster but keep in mind the idea or inspiration for Godzilla was based on a real life event that took place March of 1954. Thats when a japanese fishing boat named the Lucky Dragon was nuked by an h-bomb by accident. Rescue ships were sent to save those on board the Dragon. A movie executive had read about the incident and came up with the idea of a giant monster that was mutated by radiation and that attacked Tokyo. As far as Tristars 1998 so called Godzilla movie that movie is a diffrent type of creature than Godzilla was or is. The creature in the 98 movie is an Igunanasarus which is said in the movie. There are 2 other movies that say the 98 monster is not Godzilla and infact Godzilla himself fights the 98 Tristar monster in Godzilla Final Wars and kills it in 1 minute.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:54 PM
I Am Male.

All in all, Tristar screwed up the system from the inside.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I Am Male.

by the waydoes anyone inhere have any Godzilla memorabilia, I have this big toy of him, pretty cool.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Classic I agree that Tristar conned alot of people into thinking that their 1998 monster was Godzilla. What happened was that Tristar leased the name Godzilla from Toho to title their movie. Mind you Tristar did not buy the rights to Godzilla they just leased the name not the character. The 1998 Tristar movie was both the worst thing that could happen to Godzilla and the best thing that could have happened to Godzilla.

Let me explain back in 1995 Toho studios made what was to be their very last Godzilla movie titled Godzilla vs. Destroyer. After the movie was made Tristar leased the Godzilla name from Toho in 1996. Tristar opened their movie in 1998. Most who saw the movie felt cheated and ripped off many fans and regular movie goers thought they were going to see a movie about Godzilla and they didnt. This just about Killed the Godzilla fandom in America.

What happened next was that the Tristar movie was being shown all over the world and when it was seen in Japan the Japanese movie goers also hated the movie. Toho studios did not want the world to remember Godzilla as what the Tristar monster was so Toho resurected the Godzilla series in 1999.

In 1999 Toho contracted to make 3 new Godzilla movies starting off with Godzilla2000Millennium and then Godzilla x Megagirus in 2000and in 2001 Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora.. Had it not been for the 1998 Tristar movie Toho may have never brought Godzilla back. There have been another 3 Godzilla movies that have been made after Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora. The last one was Godzillas 50th Anniversary movie in 2004 Godzilla Final Wars.

Classic I collect alot of Godzilla movie memorabilia what do you have?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

Gojira, you the man about big lizard movies -

But get off this "Hi.." tip with every post, brother.

It's getting on my bloody tits.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 01-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Gojira, you the man about big lizard movies -

But get off this "Hi.." tip with every post, brother.

It's getting on my bloody tits.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cut him some slack, at least he's using paragraphs now :)
Old 01-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Banned

So I see - but a few commas would't go amiss.

I'll lend you some of mine if you want, Goj.

Here, take these---------------> ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Evil Dead

Bloody Tits kinky and commas oh boy yahoo!! LOL By the way guys in all my postings I have only mentioned one giant lizard movie. That would be Tristars 1998 movie that has the giant mutated Igunana called Igunanasarus. Now I have posted alot about a certain mutated dinosaur that being Godzilla. But giant lizard movies are Varan 1957 The giant gila monster 1959. LOL next thing I will see is someone claiming Rodan is a movie about a giant bird. Remember Rodan is a giant prehistoric flying retile a giant Pteranadon. The Giant Claw on the other hand is a movie about a giant monster bird. The name Varan itself comes from the name Varanus meaning Monitor Lizard or Komodo Dragon.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Banned

I stand corrected - you old fruit, you.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Evil Dead

Well good for you Extr3mist its nice to know that your standing correct. Nothing more important than good posture. Just look at Quasimodo he didnt have good posture and he delopted a hunched back. Now back to the thread on Godzilla many people have asked how many direct sequels are there to the original 1954 Godzilla movie. Well here are the direct sequels
Godzilla Raids Again 1955 was a direct sequel to Godzilla 1954 and Godzilla Returns 1984 was the 2nd direct sequel to the 1954 classic. The 3rd direct sequel was Godzilla 2000 and the 4th direct sequel was Godzilla x Megagirus then Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora was another direct sequel. The next 2 direct sequels were Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002 and Godzilla Final Wars in 2004. All but 1 of the movies in the Shinsei Godzilla series were direct sequels except the 2003 movie Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla. So lets recap 1955 1984 then 5 of 6 Shinsei movies from 1999-2004 were direct sequels to the 1954 movie. That means there are 7 direct sequels. Now movies that were follow up movies to the direct sequels are Kingkong vs. Godzilla in 1962 was a direct follow up movie to Godzilla Raids Again in 1955. The next follow up movie was Godzilla vs. Biollante in 1989. The 1989 movie was a followup to Godzilla Returns in 1984. The 3rd and last direct follow up movie is Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla in 2003 as it is the follow up to Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002.