Old 01-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Just look at Quasimodo he didnt have good posture and he delopted a hunched back. Now back to the thread on Godzilla --
Hold it!

Did you know Quasimodo had to iron his shirts in a wok?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Extr3mist I never that that but I did hear that Quasimodo use to take a bath in a wok which may explain why he has a hunched back.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Banned

Ha ha!

That's even funnier...
Old 02-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Evil Dead

Well I just posted a few pics of my Godzilla movie poster collection. I am really proud of the 1964 original Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster Jap poster i just bought a few months ago and the 2 Godzilla Final Wars 50th Anniversary movie posters.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Evil Dead

It has come to my attention that some here were wondering how certain Japanese monsters got their names. Thats a good question something I use to wonder myself. Here is what I know about the monsters names. Godzilla got his names from a guy who worked at Toho studios he was named after an employee. The employees name was a Mr. Gojira Gojira traslated to english is Godzilla. The 1st monster Godzilla fought in Godzilla Raids Again 1955 was a monster named Angilas the Japanese spelling is Angirasu. Angirasu/Angilas was named after the Dinosaur Ankylosaur. Angilas was a giant Ankylosaurus. The monster Varan whos name in Japanese is Baran is a giant Komodo Dragon seen that the name Varan comes from the latin word Varanus meaning monitor Lizard or komodo Dragon.
The name Mothra is Mosura in Japanese and Mothra is just a giant Moth of course that in the movies has a few powers. Rodan is Radon in Japanese and like Angilas Rodan is a prehistoric Dinosaur a giant Pteranodon. KingGhidora is spelled KinguGidora in Japanese the monster is a giant 3 headed flying Dragon that emits gravity beams from its 3 mouths. The giant Robot Mogera is a Robot that can burrow underground like a mole hence the name Mogera.

The name Ebera is spelled Eibra in english Eibra is a giant lobster and the name Minira in english is Minya the name of Godzillas adpoted son in Son of Godzilla. In japanese the name is pronounced Mee-Nee-Ra in english its Mean-Ya The name Kumonga is translated to Speiga in english Kumonga is a giant spider and the name Kamakirasu is translated to Giamantis Gimantis is of course a giant praying mantis. The grey dinosaur named Gorosarusu or in english Gorosarus is a giant Allosaurus. the monster Baragon was named Baragon because Toho just thought the name sounded cool.

The name Hedora means pollution in Japanese so no doubt Hedora is the Smogmonster in Godzilla vs. the Smogmonster 1971. Then there is Gaigan translated in english i Gigan he is a giant Cyborg from space and then Megaro in english is Megalon who is a giant beele or Roach cyborg from earth. Then there is JetJaguar a robot that can grow to the size of other giant monsters Jet Jaguar in Japanese is JetoJagua. Then there is KingU Sesa in english is KingSeesar who is a giant Dog deity and Titanosarusu another fictional Dinosaur in english the name is Titanosarus. Manda is a giant sea serpent and Maga a giant Walrus. Then MekaGojira is spelled MechaGodzilla in english MechaGodzilla is a giant robot built in Godzillas image.

Thats enough for the Japanese monsters name Game for now i will continue with part 2 another day. I will start with monsters from the 1980s to present.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Evil Dead

This is part 2 of the name game when it comes to naming the Toho monsters. In 1984 and in 1989 Toho made a couple of Godzilla movies the 1989 movie the 84 sequel introduced fans to a new monster named Biorante translated in english its Biollante and Biollante was a giant plant a rose in fact and in 1991 there was a new type of robot called MekaGidora or in english MechaGhidora a giant robot made in the image of KingGhidora.

Also in 1991 there was Gojirasarusu or in english Godzillasarus it was Godzilla before he was mutated by the H-Bomb. In 1992 a new monster named Batora was introduced Batora was Mothra evil twin Batora in english is Battra. In 1993 there was a new version of Godzillas son named BabeGojira in english BabyGodzilla. And there was a new version of Rodan called FuaiyaRadon or FireRodan in english was introduced again 1993. Rodan is again a giant prehistoric Pteronodon. In 1994 there was SupesuGojira in english SpaceGodzilla and LittleGodzilla this was BabyGodzilla just a little bit taller. Also in 1994 there was G-ForceMogera an updated version of Mogera.

In 1995 there was Desutoroia translated in english as Destroyah or Destroyer. Again little Godzilla had grown to be Gojira Jr or Godzilla Jr in 1995. The monster Destroyer was a crab like sea creature almost microscopic that had been feeding on the remains of the Oxygen bomb that had killed Godzilla in 1954. This mutated many of these small crablike creatures and caused them to grow and unite as 1 very big monster named Destroyer because it had the same power of the Oxyge destroyer bomb.
In 1999 a new monster was named Oruga in english its spelled Orga. Orga is a bodyless Alien that absorbed Godzillas DNA. Godzillas DNA is called Orginizer G1 cells after the Alien robbed Godzillas cells it was named Orga after Godzillas cells or DNA. After it took the cells the Alien took on this ugly form. In 2000 another classic 1950s monster was revamped and it was Megaguron a prehistoric insect Rodan ate in the 1956 classic Rodan in the 2000 the Megagurons grew to adulthood and became Megagirus a prehistoric flying Dragonfly. MechaGodzilla was revamped in 1993 and in 2002 and 2003 Mothra was revamped in 1992 1996 as RainbowMothra in 1997 as AquaMothra in 1998 as ArmoredMothra and in Godzilla Final Wars FireMothra. Gigan was also revamped in Godzilla Final Wars along with Rodan Hedora Kumonga Kamkiras Minya Manda KingSeesar. There was a new monster in 2004 named MonsterX who later trasforms into KaiserGhidora.
I think you now have a good idea of how it is Toho names their monsters and why. I left out a few names the entire list of all the monsters is pretty long. I am sure you can guess without knowing Japanese which name this monster belongs to
KinguKongu well in english its KingKong but somehow I think you knew that.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Evil Dead

GODZILLA MOVIE POSTERS
I was just looking at my Godzilla movie poster collection and I noticed something in the last 13 Godzilla movie posters that are not in the 1st 15 Godzilla movie posters. From the very 1st poster in 1954 to 1975 those first 15 posters all have Godzilla emitting his atomic ray from his mouth. The last 13 Godzilla movie posters from 1984- 2004 dont have Godzilla shotting his ray from his mouth. I take that back there is 1 poster in 1991 Godzilla vs. KingGhidora which has Godzilla emitting his ray.

Style A vs. Style B Posters
earlier this year one of my friends came over and was looking at my poster collection and asked me why in some of the posters you could see on the border of the posters music notes written on them. I looked and I had seen the music notes myself on the posters and I saw not all of the Japanese posters had them.
I looked in a couple of my Japanese poster reffrence books and saw all the posters and I saw that the Style A posters had the music notes on them and Style B posters did not. I also noticed the release posters had the notes. I have been asked that same question a couple of other times and now I can explain why that is.

Another intersting fact about Style A vs. style B posters is that Style A are called Advance posters this means they might print for example 500 posters while Style B posters known as Theatre posters or photo posters might have a run of 1000 posters. What this means to a collector and is for a fact is that because there are less Style A posters they will be worth more because they will beharder to locate. The style B posters or theatre posters will be easier to find and a bit less expensive maybe 50 dollars less or maybe 100 dollars less this depends on the poster. As a collector its hard to choose which poster to get Style B may look better while Style A does not but keep in mind Style A is worth more. Like I said sometimes its hard to choose.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
do you like that Blue Oyster Cult song? are there any other songs about Godzilla?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I Am Male.

I love that song! Blue Osyter Cult are awesome!

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Evil Dead

Knife_fight most of the Godzilla songs and music were written and composed by Akira Ifukube. Other song/music writters were Takeyuki Hattori who wrote the music for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla in 1994 and Reijiro Koroku wrote the music for Godzilla 1984/1985 and in 1989 Koichi Sugiyama wrote the music for Godzilla vs. Biollante. The music for Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short in 2001 was written by Kow Otani and the music for Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002 and its sequel Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS in 2003 was written by Michiru Oshima. And Last years Godzilla Final Wars 2004 movie there was music by SUM41 a song titled We're All To Blame.