Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 05-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I'm considering saving towards a ps4.

Yep, if I can manage to save up for a PS4 slim with 500 GBs I think the games I want to get are Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, Resident Evil Origins Collection, Lone Survivor, and Siren. I may even try to get The Sims 4.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Evil is Better

Not sure if you have an XBOX One since you could've played this on it as well but i'd suggest The Witcher 3.

For an exclusive, you should get God of War

Old 05-28-2018, 08:09 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I'm really not into most mainstream games and I don't have an Xbox One. I've always been more of a PlayStation type of fan.

There's a horror game called Until Dawn that I heard was pretty good.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:36 AM
Evil is Better

Until Dawn was great. I just played Detroit: Become Human and if you like games with a good story and tons of choices that seriously impact the game, I'd really suggest that one.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Until Dawn was great. I just played Detroit: Become Human and if you like games with a good story and tons of choices that seriously impact the game, I'd really suggest that one.
Yeah I love those kind of games. Have you ever played any of the Yakuza games? Those are really great games too. As you can guess by the title it centers around the Japanese mafia but the main characters you control are actually good guys. You get to explore an area of Tokyo called Kamurocho and fight thugs and gangsters but you can also eat and drink in restaurants and bars, play mini games like bowling, pool, fishing, and a huge variety of other games, and there's nightlife-type stuff like the Japanese hostess clubs, strip clubs, and massage parlors.

You should check it out if you are into games like that.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Immortal horror fan

Wait and see what they announce at the video game show in the coming month or so. Also try and get a PS4 Pro instead of the Slim as the Pro will run a bunch of games better. Same goes for the VR ones like the recent Resident Evil.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:06 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I really don't plan to get a whole bunch of games. To be honest I think most new video games suck these days and I plan to only get the ones that I already know I will like.

Edit: Also I refuse to ever buy another new Resident Evil game. I am furious with Capcom for what they have done to my favorite horror game franchise and the games are nothing like what they used to be.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 05-30-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Edit: Also I refuse to ever buy another new Resident Evil game. I am furious with Capcom for what they have done to my favorite horror game franchise and the games are nothing like what they used to be.
They have Resident Evil 2 remake coming out soon. They will probably show it at the game show.

The original Resident Evil remake is great. They released a good limited physical HD package for PS3 in Japan for that a while ago. It came with an artbook and map of the mansion. I think I posted about it.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 05-30-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

The Resident Evil 1 remake is great I agree, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for the Resident Evil 2 remake. I just have a feeling that it will be another Resident Evil 4 copycat just like Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6. In other words more over-the-top action with zombies and mutants thrown in and "manly man" heroes and villains with all of the female characters being reduced to pointless fanservice. I heard that Resident Evil 7 was different but somehow I don't get the feeling that the Resident Evil 2 remake will be like Resident Evil 7, and if it is that will be sad too.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 05-31-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:58 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

BTW I had a change of heart. I think instead of wasting $300 on a PS4 just for a few overpriced games I might get one of those retro game consoles like they sell at FYE. They have one that plays Sega Genesis games with 81 games built in but there is also a system that plays Sega, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo cartridges. I could buy one plus a couple of wired controllers and maybe look for old used games on Amazon or Ebay. I would love to get the chance to play The Sega Six Pak, Earthworm Jim, Ghosts n Ghouls, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, and Super Mario again.