Old 01-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Godzilla vs. Gamera

I think Godzilla from Toho studios should fight Gamera from Daiei studios. Both studios did meet to tslk about such a movie but Toho said no. I think Toho knows Godzilla has nothing to prove as he is already the King of the monsters. I as a fan would love to see a G vs G movie as would many Kaiju movie fans. But I doubt if its going to happen.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

Godzilla..all the way!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:13 PM
No, fuck YOU

Re: Godzilla vs. Gamera

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
I think Godzilla from Toho studios should fight Gamera from Daiei studios. Both studios did meet to tslk about such a movie but Toho said no. I think Toho knows Godzilla has nothing to prove as he is already the King of the monsters. I as a fan would love to see a G vs G movie as would many Kaiju movie fans. But I doubt if its going to happen.
Have you seen the 3 newest Gamera movies? Are they any good?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Angra good question Yes I have seen 2 of the last 3 Gamera movies made by Daiei studios. I have never been a fan of Gamera movies as they are made just for kids. However when Daiei studios made a 2nd Gamera series a Heisei Gamera series in the 90s I was very impressed by the 1st 2 Gamera movies I did see as they were not kiddie movies. Daiei hired director Shusuke Kaneko and he directed all 3 Gamera movies in 1995 1996 1999. When Toho studios was making what was to be their last Godzilla movie in 1995 Godzilla vs. Destroyer Daiei was making the 1st of their new Gamera movies Gamera Guardian of the Universe the 2nd was in 1996 Gamera Advent of Legion and the 3rd was made in 1999 titled Gamera 3 revenge of Irys. I must confess I have yet to see Gamera 3 but many Kaiju fans say it is an awesome movie. Also just as Daiei had finished making their last and 3rd Heisei Gamera movie in 1999 Toho was about to make the 1st of their new Millennium Godzilla series movies titled Godzilla2000. Funny thing now that Godzilla Final Wars has may have been the last of the Godzilla Millennium movies seems that Daiei might make another Gamera movie in 2005. Lets not forget that Peter Jackson is also making KingKong for 2005 as well. The best Godzilla movie of the Millennium series is Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short it was made in 2001 and was directed by Shusuke Kaneko.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:24 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Hi Angra good question Yes I have seen 2 of the last 3 Gamera movies made by Daiei studios. I have never been a fan of Gamera movies as they are made just for kids. However when Daiei studios made a 2nd Gamera series a Heisei Gamera series in the 90s I was very impressed by the 1st 2 Gamera movies I did see as they were not kiddie movies. Daiei hired director Shusuke Kaneko and he directed all 3 Gamera movies in 1995 1996 1999. When Toho studios was making what was to be their last Godzilla movie in 1995 Godzilla vs. Destroyer Daiei was making the 1st of their new Gamera movies Gamera Guardian of the Universe the 2nd was in 1996 Gamera Advent of Legion and the 3rd was made in 1999 titled Gamera 3 revenge of Irys. I must confess I have yet to see Gamera 3 but many Kaiju fans say it is an awesome movie. Also just as Daiei had finished making their last and 3rd Heisei Gamera movie in 1999 Toho was about to make the 1st of their new Millennium Godzilla series movies titled Godzilla2000. Funny thing now that Godzilla Final Wars has may have been the last of the Godzilla Millennium movies seems that Daiei might make another Gamera movie in 2005. Lets not forget that Peter Jackson is also making KingKong for 2005 as well. The best Godzilla movie of the Millennium series is Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short it was made in 2001 and was directed by Shusuke Kaneko.
Wauw thanks Gojira. That was all too much. I will definitly go looking for them now.

Just one last question: Are they all 3 horror movies?;)
Old 01-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Angra I would say Shusuke Kaneko the director of the 3 90s Gamera movie put a bit of horror in each movie even some gore. Because these Gamera movies were not made in a kiddie style Gamera movies of the 60s&70s they are much better more monster like. The best way to see these movies imo is by watching the original Jap versions but with english subtitles. When you see these movies here in stores they have ben redubbed in the USA and much of the wordsin the english versions are diffrent than the original Jap versions. I prefer watching subtitled versions at least you see an uncut movie no deleted scenes. Here in the USA film makers will redub a movie and ad jokes where there arnt any why they do this with jap monster movies is beyond me. VideoDaikaiju has the original jap movies uncut in VHS ans DVD formats subtitled you can contact them at [email protected] ask for a catalog.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:58 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Hi Angra I would say Shusuke Kaneko the director of the 3 90s Gamera movie put a bit of horror in each movie even some gore. Because these Gamera movies were not made in a kiddie style Gamera movies of the 60s&70s they are much better more monster like. The best way to see these movies imo is by watching the original Jap versions but with english subtitles. When you see these movies here in stores they have ben redubbed in the USA and much of the wordsin the english versions are diffrent than the original Jap versions. I prefer watching subtitled versions at least you see an uncut movie no deleted scenes. Here in the USA film makers will redub a movie and ad jokes where there arnt any why they do this with jap monster movies is beyond me. VideoDaikaiju has the original jap movies uncut in VHS ans DVD formats subtitled you can contact them at [email protected] ask for a catalog.
Right, thanks. But i think that iŽll hunt em down on Ebay, like i normaly do. :cool:

By the way, i always watch the movies in the original language with english subt. WouldnŽt have it any other way. ;)
Old 01-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Angra the way I see it any horror movie made in another country is better seen subtitled. I hate usa dubbing yawn damn I went to bed at 3:35am and got up at 7:45am I am sure I am going to crash out later this day.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I Am Violence

great movie idea im sure it would make lots of money.... go godzilla!!:D :D

P.S. gojira just a future note so you know whcih im sure you do godzilla is not horror it is science fiction but we only have modern horror movies so post things here anyway scifi counts too... just letting you know
Old 01-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Friday I would say Godzilla is both Horror and Scifi much like Frankenstien is both Horror and Scifi. It is very victional to think you can bring back a person to life with Science in the day Victor Frankenstien was alive. Its what is called Science fiction. But many horror fans also say its horror so which is right? I say its both. Now if you back in history to 1945 when we bombed Hiroshima with an Atom bomb killing 250.000 people belive me thats true horror. Now take an H-Bomb which is 1000 times more powerful imagine how many people would die if an h-bomb were used. Yikes!! now that would be more than horror as it only takes 2 or 3 H-bombs to destroy the world. Now Godzilla in the 1954 movie is mutated by an H-bomb and has the power of an h-bomb and he uses it by emittingan atomic ray out of his mouth. Thats horror and like Frankenstien somehow a dead dinosaur is brought back to life and becomes a giant radioactive mutation. Both horror and Scifi. Btw I doubt if you have ever seen the original 1954 Godzilla movie but it is infact a real horror movie. The movie came to the USA in 1956 and new scenes were reshot and that uSA 65 version with Raymond burr was toned down and is a shorter movie. Gojira1954 a.k.a. Godzilla is 97 minutes long and is a very dark movie. The USA version Godzilla King of the Monsters that stars Burr is 79 minuts long. Last year rialto pictures was showing the 1954 movie here in the usa. The movie was subtitled in english. Imo some of the best movies are both scifi and horror and there are lots of them.