Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Leslie Daher
VS Movies

i'm a bit of a traditionalist and the new crop of VS movies are really bothering me! i saw the freddy vs jason movie and i was not impressed. i saw it just to see how bad it would be and it was. i guess if you want to look at it as "fun" but to me it's just a degradation of the classics. freddy is classic and jason only wishes he were. they need to be seperate. it seems to be a way for the production company's to keep making money churning out crap and for punks to get happy seeing freddy/jason for the first time. how about promoting the classics!?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Evil Dead

Location: Anchorage, AK (that's Alaska, NOT Arkansas, damn it!)
Yea, I don't watch vs. movies as a matter of principle. I DO have SOME morals.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

omg whats wrong with u i loved FvJ i mean i loved them when they were bothin in seperate movies but putting them into 1 iz genius
Old 12-10-2003, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to LegionFilms
Alien VS Predator might be cool...
Old 12-10-2003, 04:33 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Quote:
Originally posted by LegionFilms
Alien VS Predator might be cool...
Other then the fact that this will be the only Alien movie with out Ripley, it will kick:)
Old 12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
does anybody read this?

i don't know...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Post-Moderation

I think F vs. J is a good deal in that it revitalizes both series. I think they should constantly make new and better Freddy movies along with Jason movies (not necessarily vs movies i think a series of THESE will kill them both) but Jason and Freddy are icons now and there is definitly room for more of them in new horror movies with good cg and effects

Hey think about it this way, how much better would a decent Freddy movie, or a decent Jason movie (not jason x:rolleyes: ) be than new age horror like Cabin Fever, Wrong Turn, Jeepers Creepers. I mean come on. Freddy and Jason and Michael, even goddamn Chucky has more respect for the horror fans than these new movies do.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
I think F vs. J is a good deal in that it revitalizes both series. I think they should constantly make new and better Freddy movies along with Jason movies (not necessarily vs movies i think a series of THESE will kill them both) but Jason and Freddy are icons now and there is definitly room for more of them in new horror movies with good cg and effects

Hey think about it this way, how much better would a decent Freddy movie, or a decent Jason movie (not jason x:rolleyes: ) be than new age horror like Cabin Fever, Wrong Turn, Jeepers Creepers. I mean come on. Freddy and Jason and Michael, even goddamn Chucky has more respect for the horror fans than these new movies do.
Couldnt agree more with you
Old 12-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Captain Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
You do realize that the FvJ movie was planned several years ago right? You also know that Friday the 13th was before Nightmare on Elm Street too right? Freddy is a joke. Ever since part 3 he has become a goof. Jason could beat Freddy's ass, and did. The movie was great but had problems. Jason isn't afraid of water. How the hell could he be!? He kills people in the lake in practically every one of the movies!!!! Still, vs. movies are good for the fans of those movies. I'd like to see Jason fight Michael and Pinhead fight Candyman or Freddy. Atleast they are more balanced that way.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Listen 2 Buckethead!

yea freddy just doesnt have it anymore hes to much of a comedian, 1 reason horror characters dont talk