Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Decapitated

Send a message via Yahoo to coldwhisper
OMG! where have i been. I haven't seen this movie. Ok, you're not bashing it so im gonna rent it.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Post-Moderation

I HEARD it was banned in the states but it was a somewhat questionable source so im not sure. It was played at the alamodrafthouse here in austin but they play shit thats banned here ALL the time, especially on wierdwednesday, so that doesnt help us.

Just check it out guys you WONT be sorry.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:22 PM
triefy

it is never going to be released in the US. However, it doesn't mean u cant get it. I got the 2-disc s.e. dvd (2nd disc is all in Japanese) for $25. You cannot get it at Best Buy. You can go on ebay and get some bootleg copies or VCDs. Either way. I thought it was worth the $25. It is brutal.

Reason why US wont distro it, is due to the Columbine incident. US has gotten very touchy nowadays with kids killing kids. (ie. Elephant) But whats even funnier is that the media thrives on showing exclusive footage of the kids doing target practice.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:28 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

it took me 2 months to get it on DVD, I orderred it, normally I would have got it after 3 days, but 2 months

and...it was worth it
I love it
it's typicial japanese, espacially the ending

if you liked this one you should check out Ichi the killer to
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Evil Dead

Great! I saw it in an arty theater in Brooklyn a year or so ago. I don't know if it was ever banned but I know it was controversial when it came out in Japan. It is based on a novel.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by mudsliptones
it took me 2 months to get it on DVD, I orderred it, normally I would have got it after 3 days, but 2 months

and...it was worth it
I love it
it's typicial japanese, espacially the ending

if you liked this one you should check out Ichi the killer to
can u please tell me where you ordered it from?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by damien
can u please tell me where you ordered it from?
lol, a store in belgium had it on an order list, so if you live in belgium, then I can give you the store yeah, otherwise you're fucked lol
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Scares Little Kids

I also love "Battle Royale".
In Germany, the distributor "Kinowelt Home Entertainment" only released a cut version (about 12 minutes!!). In this version, the movie isn't worth watching. You don't understand many things because you don't get some important informations.

I ordered the DVD from "Tartan UK" (got it from bensonsworld.co.uk) and I really found out, what an fantastic movie "Battle Royale" is. It has a very intelligent story and the young actors play quite well.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:16 PM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by abbycomix
Great! I saw it in an arty theater in Brooklyn a year or so ago. I don't know if it was ever banned but I know it was controversial when it came out in Japan. It is based on a novel.
finazlly someone who sees further then the sickness of this movie
this one is set in the future, but withou high tech shit, the story rules, the movie to

think Im gonna watch it tonight
Old 12-10-2003, 02:47 AM
That fucking Guy...

just noticed a few more posts in here since I was last in, anyone who didnt read my last post...just thought u might wanna know that there's a sequel to BR....there's quiet a bit of info here
http://www.tjfweb.com/br2/
cya.