Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The point I was trying to make is that she's on the same team with THOR (demi-God), HULK (most powerful Marvel creature ever in the Marvel-verse), CAPTAIN AMERICA (the "original" super hero), and IRONMAN (all-powerful kickass flying suit).

From someone who doesn't read the comics I'm thinking, "Ok, what makes her so special? Why does she get to be an Avenger with those guys?" By "underutilized" I really meant "I didn't see a whole lot of proof of her strength, so I'm not sure why she was there"... Then again, I think she was a bit more badass than Hawkeye.
Ok that makes sense. They way i looked at it though, i didnt see her as a part of The Avengers. I saw The Avengers as Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor and Hawkeye and Black Widow where just members of shield who were there along for the fight like Maria Hill. That's why i thought it worked the way they were used, just secondary characters/superheroes that helped out like Bucky Barnes in Captain America, Rhodes/War Machine in Iron Man, Thor's human friends in Thor and many other supporting characters that appear in superhero movies. They don't take center stage but they do play a part. Could they have been taken out of the movie without much consequence? Sure but there was a few small significant things that they did so i was fine with it. I can understand your points though.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

The Woman in Black[/B][/URL] (2012)
I liked it a lot too (not as much as the original though) - the only thing I didn't like was the ending.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
She's under the stairs

The Cup

Fucking terrible Australian horse racing movie, a friend of mine was an extra in it so thought I would give it a watch, also the lead actor is great "Steven Curry", but otherwise, the worst score, and the story just blows. I hate horse racing.

2/10

Night of the bloody apes

pretty good for the gore, but not much story.

5/10

The boys

One of the darkest looks at Australian suburbia you will ever see, I just revisited this classic from 98 tonight, picked up a copy on dvd at a sale this morning.

This movie is bleak and uncompromising, it leaves you feeling vulnerable and naked. The score by the necks is just haunting.

10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Clue
One of my all time favorites since i was a kid. Not sure why though. Tim Curry is great in it.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:23 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I liked it a lot too (not as much as the original though) - the only thing I didn't like was the ending.
Really? I liked the ending; made me tear up (being the big sap that I am).

I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the original; thanks for the heads up.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post

The boys

One of the darkest looks at Australian suburbia you will ever see, I just revisited this classic from 98 tonight, picked up a copy on dvd at a sale this morning.

This movie is bleak and uncompromising, it leaves you feeling vulnerable and naked. The score by the necks is just haunting.

10/10
is that about gangs and shit?or just weirdos in suburbia oz,i like movies about fucked up ozzys,like snow town ,that was mean.after watching alot of episodes of CI austrailia(i think thats what it was called)a lot of fuct up things happen over there that you dont really hear about.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Let The Right One In- Awesome, albeit a bit slow at some points.

Case 39- Nothing amazing but it wasn't that bad. I did wonder why she didn't just beat the girl to death with a baseball bat the entire time, though.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post

watched "The house by the cemetery" (1981). damn, i've been trying to finish that sucker for 3 days. extremely boring film
if you dont like it give it to me,
Old 05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
was too slow for me. didn't make it to the end
I almost FF it but I had heard good things about it from some trustworthy people so I really wanted to see the entire thing.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
From The Beyond

The Mangler (1995) cheesy so bad it's good OTT fare from Tobe Hooper about a demonic laundry mangler! Based on a short story by Stephen King and features Robert Englund in a memorable performance. It does drag a little at times as you feel a little like once it's built up to it's centerpiece scene it takes a while to get going again. But worth sticking with because it is a demented and a fun slice at nonsense gore.