Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Undead

What was the first horror movie you've ever seen?

The first movie I've ever seen was Exorcist, I was 5, to this day it still scares the crap out of me!!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Tenant

I believe mine was Bride of Frankenstein, or at least that is my earliest memory.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Hellraiser

The first movie I remember seeing is Child's Play, and I had a My Buddy doll that looked just like Chuckie. After watching it, I threw him in my sister's closet so that if it did come alive it wouldn't get me first.;)

Last edited by russ4lsu; 07-17-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Cranky

War of the Colossal Beast - it excited me so much I begged to be allowed to stay up & watch it. Hooked on horror ever since.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

the first monster I fixated on was The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and that was when I was a toddler, but the first movie I remember really fucking me up was The Blob which I saw on the 4 O'Clock movie when I was 5 years old.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 07-18-2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Misanthrope

Fright Night, House or Friday The 13th. Can't remember which one I saw first but it was one of those.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

THE RAVEN with Lugosi and Karloff, stands out as a very early one. As does THE DEVIL RIDES OUT with scared the shit ou of me..

When I was younf the station BBC2 used to have a regular Friday night horror double bill. The first fil was usually a Universal film or an old B/W from around the 40s. The second was usually a colour one - often a Hammer film though I do remember SUperBeast being shown which I've never seen since..

Unfortuanally I used to fal asleep before the 2nd film started and I'd wake in my own bed pissed off I missed the Horror of Dracula or something similar :-)
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dracula (1931, Bela Lugosi)
Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

House. I still remember watching it, I was like 5 or 6 years old. I had nightmares about that chopped up fat ghost lady for months. I watched it again recently and laughed because of how funny it was that that movie scared the bejesus out of me.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

I'm not sure ..

when i was a kid my uncle and i used to watch the monster movie matinee that was on every saturday afternoon. Saw a lot of old B&W movies that scared the crap out of me then - would find them laughable now.

King Kong VS Godzilla was probably the 1st one in a theatre - more sci-fi i guess.

The Norliss Tapes (TV movie) was an early memory ..

Tales From the Crypt was an early one - in the theatre - and that one scared me so bad i went to the lobby and waited for it to finish.

funny to imagine it now :)

Tags
cheeseburgers, gluttony