Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2005, 10:26 AM
I Am Male.

I am guessing it will be a little pricey.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Hi Classic I dont think $15 for a Godzilla DVD or VHS movie with english subtitles is to high a price to pay. Go ahead and e-mail VideoDaikaiju at [email protected] ask them for a catalog.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:35 PM
I Am Male.

Thanks, for a newer movie I was expecting a bigger price. Hmm I'll check it out.

5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Evil Dead

Godzilla Final Wars was seen here in the USA November 29th at Hollywoods Graumans Chinese Theatre. Then it opened in Japan December 4th. Plans for a release in theatres here in the USA dont look good and it will be on DVD ina Japan in a few months then later on DVD here in the USA. The only people who saw GFW here in the USA were at the world premier in Hollywood. If it is seen in here in the USA again it will probley be at the Pickwick Theatre in Chicago during the time G-Fest is going on.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I Am Male.

Hmm, Godzilla deserves so much more credit then he gets from the US. They only think of the man in the rubber suit.

Old 01-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Evil Dead

Well Classic its true that the Japanese are the ones who invented man in suit giant monster movies well almost true. I think when RKO was making KingKong in 1933 they had an actor in a Gorilla suit climb a ramp that was cut in the shape of the Empire state building. But as far as what was the 1st man in suit giant monster movie in Japan go to the Godzilla 1954-2004 section of the board in classic horror movies and find out. But I agree the USA has a lack of respect for Godzilla but I think things will change now that he got a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:15 AM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Yeah, I love to see a Godzilla Vs Gamera, too. But I don't think it's gonna happen. Hell, I'd like to see Destroyah Vs Legion. That'd bee a cool fight. Maybe Rodan Vs Gyoas or King Ghidorah Vs Iris. Okay, I'm getting carried away.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:52 AM
Evil Dead

Hi Mr. Shape the problem with those match up ideas is that the monsters are from diffrent movie companys and I dont think Toho is willing to commit to a co production movie. Another idea which could be made would be a Godzilla vs. Rodan. Speaking of Gamera though last year at G-Fest there was a rumor that after Godzilla Final Wars opened Daiei studios would start production on 4th Gamera movie for 2005. If thats true the movie will probley open in december and both KingKong here in the USA and Gamera would be the Daikaiju/Giantmonster movies to see this year. The only Godzilla project I know for fact Toho is making for 2005 is the movie that is being filmed in IMAX 3D and being directed by Yoshimitsu Banno who directed Godzilla vs. Hedora in 1971. There is a section in ClassicHorror titled Unmade Kaiju movies it list a few unmade monster movie match up ideas.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:12 AM
I Am Violence

hey gojira how much would a complete godzilla action figure collention of the ones with the red buttons from the 80's be worth?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

LOL Hi Friday what Godzilla figure are you talking about that was made in the 80s that has red buttons? Is Godzilla wearing a shirt with buttons or something LOL. The 1980s Godzilla figures that come to mind are a 1985 Imperial Godzilla figure they made a big figure and a 7 inch smaller figure. But I dont remember any red buttons. Does the figure you havegive the name of the company that made it. Was the figure made here in America or some other country. Let me know.