Old 11-28-2021, 07:20 AM
Undead

Better Watch Out (2016): fun little movie. I try to go in blind on most movies so I had no idea where this was going. I’m glad I didn’t spoil it. It’s not an award winning story but it’s a good time. I would have loved this as a kid.

7/10
Old 11-28-2021, 01:39 PM
Undead

World War Z so I’ve had a good run lately with decent movies. I was scanning zombie movies, considering rewatching 28 days later, and realized I’d never seen World War Z. IMDB has this movie rated at 7/10. That’s pretty good for a horror movie. I honestly have no idea how this movie is rated that high. There’s no character building, just a bunch of people running around in chaos.

I turned this movie off somewhere a little over an hour in so I can’t really give it a rating. Nonsense/10. I want my hour back.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:01 PM
病気の

Prisoners of the Ghostland, 2021. 4/10

Director: Sion Sono

Old 11-28-2021, 08:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
World War Z so I’ve had a good run lately with decent movies. I was scanning zombie movies, considering rewatching 28 days later, and realized I’d never seen World War Z. IMDB has this movie rated at 7/10. That’s pretty good for a horror movie. I honestly have no idea how this movie is rated that high. There’s no character building, just a bunch of people running around in chaos.

I turned this movie off somewhere a little over an hour in so I can’t really give it a rating. Nonsense/10. I want my hour back.
Yeah, not a lot of depth, and not a very good movie. A decent degree of what they call "production value"... which is technical expertise and usually a big budget. I had some fun watching the big budget special effects applied to the zombie theme. The ending turned quite weird actually, like a DC movie.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yeah, not a lot of depth, and not a very good movie. A decent degree of what they call "production value"... which is technical expertise and usually a big budget. I had some fun watching the big budget special effects applied to the zombie theme. The ending turned quite weird actually, like a DC movie.
For me, it looked like one of the more servicable blockbuster films of the past few years. But scary? Not so much.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:55 AM
Undead

Quote:
I couldn’t make it to the end. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
For me, it looked like one of the more servicable blockbuster films of the past few years. But scary? Not so much.
I don’t think any movies are “scary”. I just need a damn plot involving characters I feel like I know a little. This movie went into chaos immediately which is silly to me.

Different strokes for different folks though. I know there are movies I like that no one else does.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:26 PM
Undead

The Endless: I’d give it a very solid 6/10. I enjoyed this movie. I think with a little bigger budget and some small tweaks it could be even better.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:10 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
Better Watch Out (2016): fun little movie. I try to go in blind on most movies so I had no idea where this was going. I’m glad I didn’t spoil it. It’s not an award winning story but it’s a good time. I would have loved this as a kid.

7/10
That what I prefer, not knowing anything about a movie when I see it. I like to be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Yeah, I'd say it was serviceable. I was mildly entertained.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
A lot of drinks sometimes helps.

Sinister was actually a little scary for me. I liked it was a little different too; but didnt strike me at the time as a great film. have to check it out again.
I didn't want to look out the window after Sinister. It's one of those perfect late at night horror movies to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
I liked the sequel also.
Read a few articles like this one: https://screenrant.com/sinister-host...r-movie-study/
I'm the opposite. I didn't like the sequel at all. It was like The Descent 2. Both showed stuff you didn't need to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
HIDE AND SEEK (2019). This reminded Me a lot of GET OUT with HAS using Class Distinction as opposed to opposite ethnicities. A Young girl marries Her beau, but to be "Accepted" by the In-Laws, She has to play a game which may not be as She expected.....

It's an interesting premise, Samara Weaving truly goes all out as the Bride and there are some darkly humorous parts. However, a lot of the humor doesn't wash and really sick of the F word being used over and over in a film...just becomes tiresome. HAS isn't bad, but could have been a little better.
I reviewed Hide and Seek either here or on HorrorDVDs. The humor was good. Especially that car scene. But I thought the movie should have been more serious considering what they were dealing with. And I thought the twist with one character was too obvious.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:28 AM
Undead

Quote:
That what I prefer, not knowing anything about a movie when I see it. I like to be surprised.
I do the same. I’ll read the plot but thats usually it, unless it’s a movie I doubt I’ll like. I’ll watch those trailers and see if it convinces me I need to see it.

Tags
movie