#91  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:13 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 13,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
So weirdly enough, I am sick. I have a few symptoms of covid or a cold. I really cant think of where i got either! One thing, no fever. So thats good. I do wear a mask when i pick up essentials but i dont sanitize my groceries when i get home.
I do the same, Bloof. I wear a mask, but don't sanitize my groceries or meds.
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:18 AM
sfear's Avatar
sfear sfear is offline
Wanna Join?
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Pacific Northwest
Posts: 973
Watched a how to make your own mask video using a handkerchief and two of those stretchy rings people use for their pony tails. Works pretty good but where can you find those stitched cloth masks everyone else is wearing. I sure can't sew.
__________________
"It is with considerable difficulty that I remember the original era of my being." Mary Shelley, FRANKENSTEIN

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:49 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Watched a how to make your own mask video using a handkerchief and two of those stretchy rings people use for their pony tails. Works pretty good but where can you find those stitched cloth masks everyone else is wearing. I sure can't sew.
There is a local seamstress in our area. We gave her a call and she was getting a lot of demand for them so she starting making them to sell. We got 3 for 10 dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:50 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I do the same, Bloof. I wear a mask, but don't sanitize my groceries or meds.
I think im going to start wearing those plastic gloves as well.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:56 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 13,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I think im going to start wearing those plastic gloves as well.
Well, I was wearing gloves. Then saw a report on our local news saying that it really doesn't do any good because you're cross-contaminating as you touch things. Now I keep a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me and use that.
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-28-2020, 09:37 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
So weirdly enough, I am sick. I have a few symptoms of covid or a cold. I really cant think of where i got either! One thing, no fever. So thats good. I do wear a mask when i pick up essentials but i dont sanitize my groceries when i get home.
Are you tracking your outdoor activities so you know if you are in the virus' time table? Every time I leave, I note the date and places I went. So I know myself where I possibly encountered the virus.

I remove all items from boxes into another box before it gets in the house. Also, I now put juices in containers. Soap wash cans. Frozen pizza wrapped separately in slices in foil. Frozen fish, vegetables, fruits in separate plastic bags. I'm not playing around anymore.

Outside clothes don't make it in either. In a bag and straight to the wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I think im going to start wearing those plastic gloves as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Well, I was wearing gloves. Then saw a report on our local news saying that it really doesn't do any good because you're cross-contaminating as you touch things. Now I keep a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me and use that.
I wear gloves. But I only touch what I'm getting at the store. I wipe down the cart handle too. Then use one glove hand to push the cart. Other glove hand to take items. Gloves to garbage before driving away. But I always carried cotton and other disposable gloves before for rare books and comics I might come across.

I just remembered one of my favorite movies when the news was talking about outbreaks in the jail.



There is a line in the movie about people packed or crammed tight together and how they started the virus. I love this movie.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 04-28-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-29-2020, 01:57 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is offline
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 15,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post

Outside clothes don't make it in either. In a bag and straight to the wash.


So you walk inside naked? I hope you live secluded.
__________________
I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Are you tracking your outdoor activities so you know if you are in the virus' time table? Every time I leave, I note the date and places I went. So I know myself where I possibly encountered the virus.
I am able to track where ive been by my debit card transactions. I only go out to buy things never to just "browse". Groceries, gas etc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:32 PM.