Old 12-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Evil Dead

Orphan was great. Imagine a creepy kid theme night with this and The Omen.
Old 12-03-2022, 02:27 AM
Evil Dead

The Haddonfield Nightmare (2021) ★★★

A pretty enjoyable Halloween-fan*film.

Coming to this one as a Friday-fan, i must say that gore was a little disappointing and that the kills could use a bit more variation. The first throat slit looks good, but there are a few too many of those.

Nonetheless, it captures the style okay and I liked the nod to the cop kill in part 2.

For those interested, here's the link:

Old 12-03-2022, 02:28 AM
Evil Dead

Soulkeeper (2001) ★★½

A horror comedy about two guys looking for a cursed/holy object. One is a generic bland hero and the other a*Dexter-lookalike.

A few jokes worked in a Beavis and Butthead-way and it was nice to see small roles for Robert Davi, Brad Dourif and... holy shit, it's*Zeus.

Not overall entertaining because it was not over the top funny and too often more of a generic screwball sex*comedy.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:11 AM
Evil Dead

Jason Rising (2021) ★★★

Things you notice on a rewatch:

- The fan service is sometimes pretty subtle. You really have to pay attention to notice things like the Higgings Haven sign, the workout on tv.

- Other things like the cameo by Adrienne King are less subtle. Also, the first time I did not notice it was really Amy Steel on the phone.

- Also, the bit where he hits through the wood in the cabin. Is that supposed to be a nod to Maddie in The New*Blood?

One of the better fan films (no coincidence Vincente Desanti was involved), though the headless mother bit and the comic relief keep me from rating it higher.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

DIE HARD 2 (1990). The sequel to the great DH starts out well enough, but eventually and sadly lapses into the ridiculous and cannot be taken seriously. Bruce Willis is as engaging as He was in the original which works as He had serious obstacles to overcome with limited resources and space and really no help. He's all over the place here with lots of extra help and it hampers what could have been a better film. **
Old 12-05-2022, 08:52 AM
Hellraiser

[IMG]https:///IMG]

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2023; 12-07-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:32 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
DIE HARD 2 (1990). The sequel to the great DH starts out well enough, but eventually and sadly lapses into the ridiculous and cannot be taken seriously. Bruce Willis is as engaging as He was in the original which works as He had serious obstacles to overcome with limited resources and space and really no help. He's all over the place here with lots of extra help and it hampers what could have been a better film. **
I thought it was exciting and entertaining, doing a decent job with suspense. It was a bit monotonous with the scenes and scenery. And the relationships at the airport were so thin to be practically nonexistent. So, it just doesn't have the dynamism of the first film. And yeah, the ending scene of what lights the runway is impossible.

Old 12-07-2022, 02:46 AM
Evil Dead

THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS (2016). I really don't care for PIXAR style animation, although I'm sure it keeps costs down and it seems every new film these days has to have the noise level ratchet up; it's distracting. Aside from that, I found the story enjoyable as a pampered pet has to learn to deal with competition. My favorite part is when all the owners in the complex leave and the cavorting begins. As my buddy "The Igster" who had a few dogs as well, pointed out "Who knows WHAT our pets do when We're away?". Indeed-I often wondered what all of my fuzzy children were up to during my absence.

The part that had Me laughing the most is when Max's owner tells Him to "Sit" and Pixie, my YorkiePom mix looked immediately to the TV. ***
Old 12-07-2022, 09:15 AM
Hellraiser

3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9ia iI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE3YWQyOGIxLWRiNDItNDkyOC0 5ODk5LTgwNWZmZWVhOGZhZVwvZGNnc2dvNS0yNzY1Y2ZjMi1lN DM0LTRlMjYtYjg0NS0yY2Q0ZWI3ZTNhNDYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXV kIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ZAStr PMuB0ZcjWeLspo0h49xqNhlpj6JUc6W3sTYBlo[

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2023; 12-08-2022 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

Rose Blood: A Friday the 13th Fan Film (2021) ★★

If the stories about tensions between Lar Park Lincoln and Kevin Spirtas on the set of The new blood were true, then their collaboration here could be a sign that they patched things up. And the In memoriam after the credits came across as sincere and from the heart. So that's a good, beautiful*thing.

And sure, some kills look good, even when in a splatstick way. (Over)compensating for the lack of gore in The new*blood.

It's just that so much stuff feels shoehorned in. Creighton Duke looks totally out of place. The soldiers feel like an attempt at Aliens ended up with a poor man's version of Alien³, except that Vazquez is now called Sanchez. And then from our of frikking nowhere we get both Kevin Spirtas AND Michael Myers? What the*hell?

You can tell the makers love the franchise and the effort they put in is commendable. It's just not my*bag.

Tags
movie