Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2013, 06:23 AM
For Vendetta

"X-Men: Apocalypse" - Channing Tatum is Gambit!

Bryan Singer announces 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will hit theaters in 2016

Right now, Bryan Singer is hard at work finishing "X-Men: Days Of Future Past," and even so, he took a moment to Tweet this morning that we can also look forward to "X-Men: Apocalypse" in 2016.

Several sites are reporting a May 27, 2016 date for the film, although that wasn't part of Singer's Tweet.

Apocalypse is a very powerful adversary for the X-Men, and if you want to talk about a role that gives an actor room to play something so over the top that they'll forget where the top is, Apocalypse is perfect for that.

Thousands of years old, Apocalypse is so strong that he has actually been able to restrain the Hulk when the Hulk was angry. He has preposterous stamina, he's practically invulnerable, he can fly, he can teleport, he can alter his molecular structure to look like anything or anyone and he can mimic anyone else's super-powers as well. He can use energy to heal himself, to shoot psychic blasts, and to generate force fields.

Oh… and he's basically immortal, possessing blood so complex that one drop of it can rewrite the genetic code of any other blood it comes into contact with. So… yeah. He's sort of a big deal.

More on this as details come in.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/1...pocalypse.html

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-06-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Horror Fan

Interesting, but was hoping for Mr. Sinister.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:38 PM
For Vendetta

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn’t come out until May but director Bryan Singer has already begun teasing fans with details on Past‘s planned follow-up, X-Men: Apocalypse, tentatively set for release in 2016.

Quote:
“I’m co-writing the story and I’m producing it,” says the director. “I’m negotiating to direct. We’re in the process. We’re trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it.”

While this summer’s The Wolverine introduced the plot for Past in its final moments, Singer reveals he’s still not sure whether Past will feature an Apocalypse tease. “I’m still deciding that,” he says. “Something that happens in this movie causes what’s going to happen in that movie.”

While Singer didn’t give up specific plot points, he did reveal some themes. “It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It’s something that’s always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/0...-bryan-singer/
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 AM
For Vendetta

Channing Tatum Confirmed as Gambit By Producer

At a recent X-Men: Days of Future Past event, Donner stated in no uncertain terms that Tatum would be the new Gambit.

Donner revealed the casting to Total Film. “It is Channing,” she said.

Asked whether the casting was confirmed, she responded with a simple, solid “Yes.”

As for why it’s Channing, Donner believes Tatum shares some essential qualities with the fan-favorite mutant.

Quote:
Well, he’s a rogue, Channing, he’s a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau. And he can handle the action, we all know that. And he’s got a really good heart, because I know him personally, I did a movie [2006's She's the Man] with him. So I think he’ll be great. He’ll be great for Gambit. And he’s a Southerner, too. He’s not from New Orleans, but he is a Southerner, he understands that world. And you know Gambit loves New Orleans.
We’ll likely be introduced to Tatum’s Gambit in X-Men: Apocalypse, as Bryan Singer has said that he wants the character to appear in the movie. Beyond that, Donner and producer Simon Kinberg have already talked up the possibility of a Gambit spinoff. Tatum could be affecting that Cajun accent for years to come.

(via TotalFilm)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Chubby Tatum as Gambit?! Why??!! What's wrong with WOLVERIEN (2009)'s Gambit?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Evil is Better

I didn't really like Taylor Kitsch I think his name was as Gambit in Xmen Origins but he's still a much better choice than Channing Tatum. He's a horrible choice to play my favorite of the X Men

Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 AM
For Vendetta

Bryan Singer Confirmed To Return For X-Men: Apocalypse

Quote:
Bryan Singer reportedly plans to direct the next movie in the X-Men franchise, despite recent controversy.

Singer was pulled from the promotional tour of his latest film, X-Men: Days of Future Past, prompting speculation as to whether he will be involved in the planned sequel.

In a recent interview with The Daily Beast, the film's executive producer Simon Kinberg discussed the future of the franchise.

When asked if Singer would be on board to helm X-Men: Apocalypse he said: "That is the plan."

X-Men: Apocalypse is said to feature a lot of the First Class crew, though it may also feature some older characters as well.

Early on it was confirmed that the next entry would focus on McAvoy's Xavier, Fassbender's Magneto, Mystique and Beast. Then Singer and company made intimations about Gambit and Nightcrawler. Then it was suggested that Wolverine would show up (though beyond commercial reasons, it seems unclear as to why). And now we're getting another dose of original-flavor X-Men? Seems kind of crowded.

X-Men: Apocalypse remains scheduled for May 27th, 2016.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bryan...pse-43183.html
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 PM
The Big Bad Wolf

No. Just no. I repeat for those who didn't hear me.

*deep breath*

Nope; never; nein, not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; unh-uh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff -- Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I didn't really like Taylor Kitsch I think his name was as Gambit in Xmen Origins but he's still a much better choice than Channing Tatum. He's a horrible choice to play my favorite of the X Men
Preach it, Villain.

Do you think I'm Spooky? -- Fox Mulder

I will not die born. -- Travis Meeks

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-07-2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: back-to-back posts.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
No. Just no. I repeat for those who didn't hear me.

*deep breath*

Nope; never; nein, not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; unh-uh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff -- Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Your not keen then i take it?
Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 AM
The Big Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Your not keen then i take it?
And I here I thought I was being subtle.

Do you think I'm Spooky? -- Fox Mulder

I will not die born. -- Travis Meeks