Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2020, 02:44 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Great observation! Yes, I think so. That still looks right out of Bava/Argento.

Gotta love it.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:19 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Screaming Skull (1958)

Ok, honestly this is one of those early movies that actually was scary...from the dream scene where they say 'she died in the water" "she had her skull smashed in" is pretty psychological to the moments when the trees brush up against the house, and when the woman throws the skull out the window...all very creepy psychological, which i why its scary if you think too deep into it.
Than you have the creepy gardener who is schizo, with voices in his head. Did this movie influence italian horror?

The main actresses face actually looks scared, and is looking around the house wondering what is going on, as she hears sounds, and it makes you relate with her emotions.

The creepy soundtrack too with the wind, this is a good one for its era, where other movies were too goofy to be scary.

The main actress starts questioning her own sanity "they told me I was cured....they told me i was cured".
Than you got the actual floating phantom when you first see it in the distance, damn this is different for this era.... coming through the backyard chasing the woman, damn that actually was pretty scary, early special effects right there, with the music added, very effective.

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 11-07-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Living Dead

Tombs of the blind dead
Old 11-13-2020, 01:43 AM
Evil Dead

THE DEVIL'S MESSENGER (1962). Three stories from a Swedish TV series were cobbled together and while there are moments, there's not not enough to sustain the whole thing and being from the same studio (Hertz-Lion), this went out on a Double Bill with CARNIVAL OF SOULS and being over COS!
For Me, worth watching to see Lon Chaney Jr who appears to be having a lot of fun and some Library music towards the beginning that was used in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD! **
Old 11-13-2020, 11:42 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Terror from 1963. Early Jack Nicholson performance, seen this one a few times, but rewatched it to get a better look at it.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:55 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Revolt of The Zombies from 1936
Old 11-14-2020, 09:36 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)

disturbing intro scene, the movie than changes and gets a lil funny to me by the end...

also saw
Black Dragons (1942)

bela: "all man are in danger of dying, the question is when!" ..

oh you dov hahahah

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 11-14-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:56 PM
Evil Dead

THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN (1957).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>> Exemplary Sci-Fi involving an everyman who due to really just bad luck begins to shrink and how He deals with the changes. Grant Williams is pretty good as Scott Carey, an Everyman who doesn't deserve what happens to him. Randy Stuart as his loving albeit suffering wife also deserves notice. Very good special effects, particularly when Scott has an encounter with the Family cat...when He's about three inches tall. I live on 5 acres and the occasional rodent slips in (less than 10 this year; in 2018 must have been close to 50, was changing the traps constantly) and one of my late cats was very efficient at catching them-many a mangled mouse corpse and sort of frightening watching her do her thing and wondering what might happen if I was in the state.
Richard Matheson wrote the screenplay from his novel, but I find the book better as the film flows from start to finish, while the novel bounces around. The first chapter sets the story up with the mist and the Bang! We're in the Basement and a very diminutive Scott is being pursued by a Spider which is Bear sized to him. There are some more "Adult" themes throughout the book that really couldn't have made it into the film during the 50's.
Despite whatever changes may have occurred, TISM is still one of the 50's Sci-Fi greats and well worth a watch. ****
Old 11-16-2020, 12:11 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Invisible Ghost (1941)

Bela looks just like dracula in this one as he appears in the window. Interesting little movie.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:50 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Black Sunday (1960)

also known as mask of satan, gotta love this style of black and white.

also revisited a film i havnt seen in years...

White Zombie (1932)

anyone notice what i did there?

...both movies are in black and white.....and the titles..

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 11-18-2020 at 08:06 PM.