Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2021, 01:53 PM
This is a test

THALE 2012

Subtitled

Two crime-scene cleaners discover a strange woman hidden in an underground room.

Re-watch. Still love it.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
LOL it was Pocohontas in Blue.
Nice looking but honestly, given it was Cameron I expected a little more.
Thing was like a kids film.
Best 3D I've ever seen, given.
IMO the "good" scifi that year was District 9.
Damn, did they come out the same year? I thought District 9 was newer and Avatar waaay older. How time flies by...
Old 03-14-2021, 08:59 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Damn, did they come out the same year? I thought District 9 was newer and Avatar waaay older. How time flies by...
Yep, not only that, but District 9 in fact came out some 4 months before Avatar.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:48 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
You were supposed to see it on the big screen with 3D glasses 10 years ago!

The film's concept of inhabiting those native bodies was new, though the over allegory is very old... kind of Dances With Wolves, or whatever, corporations using state military to exploit 'native lands' and find a reason to exterminate the 'native peoples' is an old concept, but still a powerful and ongoing event in this world.

So that, and the special effects were it's big kick. But it's popularity immediately dropped after a year. It sold tickets, but it isn't a classic.
Cheers

Actually, at that time (and still now), the story wasn't my cup of tea, so I ignored it a lot, but just read it became again the movie with the highest income so I decided to give it a go.

Exactly Pocahontas in blue with a touch of Ferngully.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:39 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Orphanage (2007)
Old 03-15-2021, 02:03 PM
Evil Dead

Cool

I just found a comedy slasher parody on Friday the 13th called "Bloody Bloody Bible Camp," that is about a serial killer dressed up as a nun with a devil mask on, slashing everybody at the camp. Ron Jeremy also appears near the end playing Jesus Christ. This is overall well done, and a lot better than expected. There are actually both plenty of funny and scary scenes in there with plenty of good old school done right 1980s style slasher fun. There is also plenty of good humorous and catchy dialogue, real similar to a lot of the 1980s horror films, and it also has the smooth editing a lot of the 1980s movies have. It has even been considered a masterpiece by many. The killer even uses a cinderblock as the weapon of choice in one scene that is overall awesome looking, and that is the first time since the serial killer named Herman in the serial killer fil of goodm, "Violence Gives Him Hope," where I have seen a cinderblock being used as a weapon. I have found a lot of good underrated horror films on Netflix, Prime, and Tubi within recent years, and this one has got to be one of the better ones.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:04 PM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I also found another comedy slasher parody called "Pool Party Massacre." This one parodys the spoiled, rich, arrogant, and delusional kids who have it too good and too easy because their parents just give them whatever they want whenever they want to get them out of their hair. It is overall funny in an over the top sort of way, based on how a lot of them actually are with a lot of good humorous and catchy dialogue. The kill scenes are also overall well done in parody sorts of ways. There are even a few good twists and turns near the end, where it finally reveals who the killer is, and the motives for the killings, along with another twist after that. Of all the comedy slashers from recent years, this is probably one of the funnier ones out there.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:31 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
I also found another comedy slasher parody called "Pool Party Massacre." This one parodys the spoiled, rich, arrogant, and delusional kids who have it too good and too easy because their parents just give them whatever they want whenever they want to get them out of their hair. It is overall funny in an over the top sort of way, based on how a lot of them actually are with a lot of good humorous and catchy dialogue. The kill scenes are also overall well done in parody sorts of ways. There are even a few good twists and turns near the end, where it finally reveals who the killer is, and the motives for the killings, along with another twist after that. Of all the comedy slashers from recent years, this is probably one of the funnier ones out there.

You should check out:
Tucker & Dale
Detention (2011)
Psycho Beach Party.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
You should check out:
Tucker & Dale
Detention (2011)
Psycho Beach Party.
I saw Tucker and Dale! They are funny! You should probably check out Bloody Bloody Bible Camp! If you like parodies on the Friday the 13th series, you might get a kick of the Camp Blood and Bloody Murder series as well.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Babysitter wanted

Tags
movie