Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 10-26-2020, 03:52 PM
Evil Dead

Talking

He's not eating it, Jack. I made that for him. You're a son of a... ahem!
Old 10-27-2020, 12:15 AM
Immortal horror fan

Resident Evil 4 influenced just about every modern game. Gears of War would have been another first person shooter without Resident Evil 4. But I do agree that it is more horror action than survival horror. Only the first and some of the second section are survival horror. Once you reach the island with the mercenaries it's full on action for the most part.

I too don't like the Umbrella foot note at the beginning of the game. I think the animated movies added a bit to the stories. I can't remember much about those. I think I watched one or two of those. I have a few more to catch up on.

I do agree that Code Veronica was good. They should remake that.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 PM
Evil Dead

So... I watched the parts with Marvin and Rita.

They are very dated.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

I love all the resident evil's and the 4th one is one of my favorite video games, you cant expect series to stay the same forever, if you like the originals, play them some more, though I agree it would be nice to see new RE's with the original style no doubt....I had alot of fun with all the new games too though, its nice to try something different...atleast for me...
Old 10-30-2020, 11:29 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

your opinion is your opinion I respect your opinion, so I disagree with your title thread....the new games are also fun, so maybe its not what you want, but they ARE fun....so they are not crap...LOL I also have to say that RE 4 is equally survivor as it is action.....but arent all the RE action horror...anyways? just looking at the other side of things...ya know, keep an open mind...

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 10-30-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:30 PM
Evil Dead

Yes. The franchise has always had action. But the earlier games have a greater emphasis on exploration, puzzle solving, atmosphere and all that good stuff. Whereas RE4-6 etc have too much action, are not creepy, and the ones with co-op are supposed to be absolutely action-oriented.

In RE4, villagers drop bullets and coins. It makes the game very arcade like in tone. Plus, the story and villains made for one bizarre game.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:06 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

You're right the older ones are definitely different, but I will take what I can get.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:08 AM
Evil Dead

Talking

By the way, what do you think of the hate that RE6 always receives?

Personally, it's still RE to me. It just has more action. But it's a game that is definitely about biohazards affecting people's lives. In fact, in Japan, RE is called Biohazard. The thing with Chris and co surviving was always going to conclude with a global outbreak on that big of a scale (like what we are going through now for real). But when Capcom finally did a game like that, nobody cared. It's really all down to the people that grew up with RE2 and all that, saying Capcom sold out by making the games become too action-oriented. Although RE4 did arguably ruin the series, it also kind of saved the franchise, following a period where sales began to diminish.

I do not believe RE6 is supposed to be branded as a "survival horror" game. But having at least one epic co-op RE game with tons of action and many returning characters, was bound to happen eventually. It's just strange how the reception for RE6 was so poor.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:53 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

like i said on the other thread, i just don't get too patriotic on video games where i care what they do with a series, it doesn't really matter that much to me, if im having fun its good enough for me, but i can see how people aren't gonna like sequels etc. just the way its always been, i mean who knows what was going on while they were making the game, and why they chose it to be that way, i dont know, its just a video game, but hey thats just me, ya don't have to like everything
Old 11-05-2020, 05:56 AM
Evil Dead

Lightbulb

There's a new movie coming, a CGI series coming, and a live action series coming, besides the next video game. So there's life in the old zombie dog yet!

Personally, I am tired of Capcom milking the year 1998 repeatedly. Why can't they base a game or a film or whatever, in say, 2020 or something?