Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Head on two candles on wall

Hi. Hey, I saw this scene of this head that is seen on two candles on a wall, and I am trying to find out what it is from. The scene is in black and white. The head looks like a human head and is black colored, kind of dark gray, and is seen on the wall. The head looks as if it is made of wax or rock, and on the top of it, it looks as if it is being melted by some hot wax or something. In the scene, the head is seen smiling. It has two human eyes, a human nose, and a human mouth. The teeth are white and the eyes are normally human colored, bu the nose and the rest of face are dark colored. I must have seen this clip over a thousand times. But, even though I know this is not much to elaborate on, can anyone please tell me the name of the movie? I am going out of my mind. At first, I thought it was "The Clash of the Titans", but that it is not it, and then I thought it was "The Night of the Blood Beast", but I do not think it is that either. I think it is either a movie involving the Devil (such as "The Devil's Inferno") or if it just involves an animated head statue, or even if it just involves a possessed severed head, I don't know. What I do know is that it was in a montage of Universal horror movies, so it is an Universal film. But, can anyone please help? Thanks.

Horrorman
Old 09-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Well, "Coming Soon" is basically a montage of clips, mostly from trailers of Universal horror films. I'm gonna watch it later and if I see your head thingie, I'll come back and post somethin.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Well, "Coming Soon" is basically a montage of clips, mostly from trailers of Universal horror films. I'm gonna watch it later and if I see your head thingie, I'll come back and post somethin.
Dont bother, I got this one covered.

The Gate, my good sir.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Backyard Waterfall

(slaps forehead)

*Duh.*

He's right. It is The Gate. So obvious, I don't know why it didn't come to me.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Evil Dead

I never saw "The Gate". But, it is not an Universal film. It needs to be an Universal film. Plus, "The Gate" is in color, this clip was in black and white. I will check out "The Gate", but I do not think it is the one I am looking for.

Horrorman
Old 09-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Backyard Waterfall

You should know that "The Gate" is part of a running joke here...every movie that someone is trying to name is at some point discovered to be "The Gate"

So if someone tells you it's "The Gate," then you know it's not. I think.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Evil Dead

Here is an attachment of the scene that I am talking about.

The attachment is not used with permission, but the intent is not used for any selling whatsoever. If the attachment should be removed, then remove it.

Thanks.

Horrorman
Old 09-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Looks like one of the images from "The Frighteners" (1996)

Coincidentally, "The Frighteners" was also the movie that featured that other image you were wondering about...I haven't seen it in some time, but it's a good movie and I would recommend it...

Last edited by filmmaker2; 09-09-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Evil Dead

I think to those who try to view the attachment I sent, you may have to login on to see the attachment I sent. I am sorry about the inconvience the attachment I sent is not very big. You have to magnify the image to see it better.

I am still planning to watch "The Frighteners". But, I will take your word for it. Although, it may not be the right movie, I don't know.

I just have one question, though. I understood after you told me that the "The Gate" is just a running gag. But, what happens, if someone is actually trying to identify something and it turns out to be that film? Do they believe the answer that is told, or do they think it is actually something else? What happens?

Horrorman
Old 09-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Very simple. If the film they are trying to identify is "The Gate," then obviously we can't say that it's "The Gate," because that would be confusing. So, in that situation, we would tell them that the film is "The Gate II."