#9231  
Old 01-27-2021, 04:55 AM
cheebacheeba's Avatar
cheebacheeba cheebacheeba is offline
That fucking Guy...

 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,020
I watched the first season and a bit.
Does it actually have an "ending"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Stan Against Evil Season 1-3 7/10

For some reason everybody sounds like they're in a cartoon and in all fairnes the show also plays out that way, like Rick & Morty and Gravity Falls. A little too retarded to be really good, but it did have plenty of laughs throughout the seasons.
__________________
The door opened...you got in..:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote
  #9232  
Old 01-27-2021, 09:20 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is online now
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 16,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I watched the first season and a bit.
Does it actually have an "ending"?
Yes and no. It has KIND of an ending they must have pulled outa their ass at the last minute. An ending with a cliffhanger, so I don't know what they were thinking. My guess is that John C. McGinley wanted out after season 3 and the director thought they could go on without him. But no, the show got cancelled.
__________________
I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.

Last edited by Angra; 01-27-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9233  
Old 01-27-2021, 10:02 AM
Angra's Avatar
Angra Angra is online now
No, fuck YOU


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Right behind you!!!
Posts: 16,051
Servant Season 1 4/10

Now I'm certain M. Night is an alien who has no clue how humans are human.

Wouldn't call this show horror. Heck, I'm not even sure there is a bad guy in it or if there is I have no idea who that would be. Nobody does anything really bad. It's just M. Night weird.
__________________
I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #9234  
Old 02-02-2021, 08:57 AM
Amaltheaunicorn2020 Amaltheaunicorn2020 is offline
Nostalgia nerd
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: A Forest
Posts: 92

It 1990
Reply With Quote
  #9235  
Old 02-02-2021, 09:18 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,481
War of the Worlds -

Apparently there are two recent foreign made War of the Worlds TV shows. The one I'm watching is on EPIX channel. It's only 8 episodes. I have a few more left. I'll post final thoughts then.
Reply With Quote
  #9236  
Old 02-05-2021, 12:47 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,119
JONNY QUEST:THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON-All the episodes I remember watching as a little FD!
Reply With Quote
  #9237  
Old 02-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
JONNY QUEST:THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON-All the episodes I remember watching as a little FD!
Nice!!! loved Jonny Quest cartoons! The opening (1964) (intro music with the clips) is really a masterpiece.

So how are the eps hitting ya as an adult? I usually find "you can never go back" to the enjoyment you had as a kid seeing something, but sometimes gain a new appreciation.

I was just looking a some Amazon reviews... with at least "Jonny Quest - The Complete First Season" Golden Collection, not sure what company produced and is selling this, but reviewers are writing:

"I'm so tired of all this "PC" crap! The "Pursuit of the Po Ho" has some of the dialog removed, The lines "ignorant savages" and "heathen monkeys". In the episode of "Monsters in the Monastary" the line "Uh-oh. Here comes the Oriental Express" is deleted. All you see is Jonny's mouth move. "

"I once bought the set of DVDs and was horrified at all the edits. Apparently the studio brass decided to "scrub them clean" of anything politically incorrect for the packaged sets sold in bookstores with expensive coffee."
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 02-05-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9238  
Old 02-07-2021, 11:49 PM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Nice!!! loved Jonny Quest cartoons! The opening (1964) (intro music with the clips) is really a masterpiece.

So how are the eps hitting ya as an adult? I usually find "you can never go back" to the enjoyment you had as a kid seeing something, but sometimes gain a new appreciation.

I was just looking a some Amazon reviews... with at least "Jonny Quest - The Complete First Season" Golden Collection, not sure what company produced and is selling this, but reviewers are writing:

"I'm so tired of all this "PC" crap! The "Pursuit of the Po Ho" has some of the dialog removed, The lines "ignorant savages" and "heathen monkeys". In the episode of "Monsters in the Monastary" the line "Uh-oh. Here comes the Oriental Express" is deleted. All you see is Jonny's mouth move. "


"I once bought the set of DVDs and was horrified at all the edits. Apparently the studio brass decided to "scrub them clean" of anything politically incorrect for the packaged sets sold in bookstores with expensive coffee."
I guess I got lucky, Sculpt...just watched "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" the other night and those phrases were all in there, along with "Devils".
I remember really liking JQ in Kindergarten/first Grade with "Turn The Terrible" (Giant pterodactyl shown in the credits), although being frightened by some episodes, especially the Mummy, The Invisible Monster and the old Nazi. Found some VHS's
in the 90's at my local video store and found they still held up.
In Adult hindsight, I would have to admit the show is pretty racist -all the Villains , for the most part, are Asian, African or Latino, along with a smattering of Slavic as well. Must remember The Cold War was quite intense during that time and Vietnam was beginning to heat up. Also, despite technology available, the World was still a larger place than it is now.

Lots of Cool gadgetry, especially the Flight packs and "Race" is a true Bad-Ass! One thing for sure, I would leave "Bandit" in a kennel; he's truly more of a hindrance than a help. Reminds Me a lot of Spritle and Chim-Chim from SPEED RACER.
LOVED SR in Fourth Grade, but unlike JQ, it has not aged well
Reply With Quote
  #9239  
Old 02-08-2021, 12:56 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 3,177
Your Honor, Season One, episode 9 7,5/10





Servant, Season 2 Episode 4. 8/10


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9240  
Old 02-09-2021, 03:49 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 14,225
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:28 AM.