Old 03-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Cenobiter

Post Dawn of the Dead 2004 - Exclusive Coverage

The new Dawn of the Dead movie is in theaters March 19th, and Horror.com has exclusive coverage! [details]
Old 03-23-2004, 12:08 AM
HELLBOY

Premiere coverage

Best I have ever seen.

A great coup for horror.com.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
HorrorGurl2

Dead right

Dawn is an excellent movie, and far surpasses the original and all of the zombie clones that followed it.

Your coverage of the event and all the little extras you have here, just adds to the enjoyment of the flic.

The video from the premiere playing here is so good, they should be showing it in theatres as a lead in to the movie.

Zombie on!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:13 AM
anita

Thumbs up

that movie was off the chain i love that movie
Old 03-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Evanesce

Dawn of the Dead

Faster zombies and major flaws in the script.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this movie an 8. The sfx were great, the movie kept a good pace, and it even had a few jump in your seat moments.

A great action movie. Hmmmmm, Did I say action movie?

This movie was claimed to be a horror movie but it hit the wrong target. It was fast, exciting, and things blew up alot. The bad guys just kept coming. They never stoped and they acted like a pack of mad dogs. This is not all bad as the movie rolled along but it failed to keep any common sence to it. The movie just kept throwing things at you and expected you to buy the whole package without looking in the box.

Throw a couple parts out and you could make this movie so much better. The fat woman, The whole baby thing, and chasing the dog. Oh and why didnt the woman shot turn into a zombie? Wouldn't it only make sence that everyone would? If not then explain how this "virus" spread so fast across the globe.

And while we are on the subject of what in the world were they thinking. Why is it that no one in any zombie movie has ever seen a zombie movie? Come on and be real for heavens sake. Everyone knows you kill a zombie by destroying the brain, That someone injured by a zombie or has wounds should be watched for signs of infection, and you should never ever feel sorry about killing a zombie that was once a friend or family member.

Anyway if you can get past the "You stupid writer parts". And the "I know that no one in real life would ever do that stuff". This movie is worth seeing for the sfx and action.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
jacobma

new movie doesnt come close to the original. no feeling of complete and utter dispair as the first movie gave. zombies to fast for my liking their dead for christ sake.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:59 AM
karlitosway1978

Looking at this movie on its own I would say it was adefinitaly one of the best movies of the past year however there are bits that need to be left out. What the hell was the zombie baby all about? And why would you allow the othersd to just come and go so easily?
I was also left wondering how many zombies turned up in the space of 12 hours, how could an infection spread that fast if it can only be past on by bite? Are the zombies mindless creatures of intelligent of sorts? You have the little girl at the start which stood at the door and turned into a gymnist and then you have the zombies going down the sewer and into the gun shop. Christ, if I could move that fast and react so quickly I would be a happy man. But then all the zombies apart from that seemed to be fairly thick. They didnt even have the brains to use basic tools or smash down a door in the mall (Despite the husband at the start doing quite well on his own).
There are holes in this film but perhaps Im being picky as I loved the original. Overall a V good movie but failed to have the same feel or suspence of the original. The love interests and going after the dog bugged the hell out of me.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
dawn was awesome
Old 04-14-2004, 10:51 AM
ehwoakland

Talking dawn of the dead

that movie was clean!!!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Fan

The new Dawn I really would rather not call a remake. But it was overall really a just plain good horror/action movie. And Ty Burrel is GORGEOUS. Unfortunately a STAGE actor like him was used so little and so lightly in the movie. (and it seems he always is)