Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Cenobiter

Post Review of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (2003)

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (2003) - Director: Marcus Nispel - Screenplay: Tim Henkell, Tobe Hooper and Scott Kosar - Starring: Jessica Biel, Jonathan Tucker, Eric Balfour - Review contains spoilers. [details]
Old 10-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

truth about chain saw

i saw the first chainsaw and now am much to old to sit and watch it while sitting still. but i would love to find the truth , the true storie, and would love to hear of a web site that can put me in the right direction in finding it. i
Old 10-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Re: truth about chain saw

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
i saw the first chainsaw and now am much to old to sit and watch it while sitting still. but i would love to find the truth , the true storie, and would love to hear of a web site that can put me in the right direction in finding it. i
If you mean the basis for Texas Chainsaw Massacre you want to do a search for Ed Gein. He seems to be a popular fellow on this board.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Question ReSeArCh

I have been bustin my buns off trying to get to the true facts and the actual story that this movie is based on, so far i can't find anything online, in this world wide web that contains everything else. I wanna see the actual newspaper articles, along with the actual people involved or victimized. Have any clue where i can find this, please, PLEASE inform me. Thanks..... Devoted Fan!!
Old 10-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Dude if you are looking for a story as brutal as what happens on screen in any TCM movie then you definitely are going to be shocked. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was only INSPIRED by a true story. There is nothing factual about the film. Ed Gein is Mother Teresa compared to Leatherface. Seems like this is one of the most asked questions lately. New Line did a good job making people believe this shit actually happened. Leatherface is about as real as the Blair Witch project.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up TCM

I JUST SAW THE MOVIE TODAY AND I HAVE TOO SAY IT WAS A PRETTY COOL MOVIE. I DID LIKE IT ALOT EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TOO BE A REMAKE TO THE ORIGINAL CLASSIC BUT THEY WERE ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE THAT I LIKED. THE GORE, THE CHASES AND THE ACTING WERE ALL EXCELLENT IN THIS MOVIE. I DID NOT THINK MS BIEL COULD MAKE THE LEAD ACTRESS ROLE SO PHENOMENAL BUT SHE PROVED ME WRONG. GREAT JOB GUYS AND THUMBS UP TO THE DIRECTOR AND PRODUCERS.....DOUG`
Old 10-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
I think I said "OH SHIT" much more than once while watching this movie. Very intense. You could see the crowd crouching down in their chairs and leaning to one side and gasping and stuff. Great stuff.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Question

well i havn't senned it but it looks great today i wen't to the
youth group and the air conditioning made a chainsaw noise
and i thouhgt the chainsaw massicure was hear but any way
will they make a texas chainsaw massicur 2 ?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
PhantomMaggot

This movie was a complete and utter disgrace to not only the horror film industry but to all of it it was very poorly done and used gratuitous violence and gore to "scare" the audience. This is a common problem in horror mivies like in Hannibal, making someone eat there own brains isnt scary its just gross especially when they come right out and show it to you. Prettymuch the only thing this has in common with the original (which I might add was utterly amazing and didnt make me want to brak someone's kneecaps) was a van and a chainsaw. There are way too many problems with this movie the biggest of which is that leatherface cuts his femural artery which if it's not treated will kill you in about 20 minutes not to mention that he randomly shows up places like michael myers. Anthor huge problem was that it appeared that the dirctor and/or writer haddn't seen the original because they got the attitude of leatherface all wrong, he wouldn't step over a couch blocking his way he wouldn't even go around it he would just go right through no questions asked. And he wouldn't be quiet and search for a hiding jessica biel he would fling the chainsaw around like a madman cutting anything in sight to pieces. I feel stolen from haveing seen this movie and I will probably write to Tobe Hooper asking how he could possibly advocate such a horendous 2 hours this movie was. By the way there is a TCM 2 and 3 and a 4 even I noticed someone didn't know in one of their comments but rest assured they all suck too.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

TCM remake

Not a bad remake...the original is definitely the superior of the two. Jessica Biel was a standout....really captured the sense of an person scared so much they wind up going a little nutso. The switching of masks by Leatherface was a nice touch....wouldn't mind a sequel to this