#51  
Old 09-06-2011, 05:29 PM
yblehsspot's Avatar
yblehsspot yblehsspot is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Sometimes i like it when they leave things to your imagination, other times i don't but usually i enjoy the older movies because there just seems to be more respect, emotion and passion involved with them instead of the money driven machines we have making some movies nowadays. Don't worry about the spelling, my grammar is always messed up. ;)

Back to the original point, if they do in fact make this i hope it stays true to the novel and i hope they get someone good to play Pennywise. As much as i enjoyed Tim Curry there really is no point on reusing him because we've seen that already and the point of a remake is to do things differently.
That was another reason I've always liked the older ones too. The people who were in them, did it because they love acting and wanted to be in a movie. Now they just do it for a paycheck and its annoying because it doesn't have the same effect at all. And very true, hopefully they'll pick someone good who wants to do it because they love acting, rather than, once again; for the paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
headswillroll's Avatar
headswillroll headswillroll is offline
MadHatter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In the clouds.
Posts: 20
Oh, I so can't wait until this comes out. I'll be watching it for a sure fact. Let's hope it will be near as good as the original. Still need to read the book, though. Will SK be producing or anything? I haven't really bothered nosing around for news on it all.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
TopNotchMovies TopNotchMovies is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
Wow!

Hello,
That sounds interesting.
I loved the original film!
Let's see what comes out of it!:)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
leezuki's Avatar
leezuki leezuki is offline
Love is like dying
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: uk
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by yblehsspot View Post
That was another reason I've always liked the older ones too. The people who were in them, did it because they love acting and wanted to be in a movie. Now they just do it for a paycheck and its annoying because it doesn't have the same effect at all. And very true, hopefully they'll pick someone good who wants to do it because they love acting, rather than, once again; for the paycheck.
very true actors worked so much harder back then, i love the old movies as much as new. back then alot more was left to your imagination so the acting and story had to be good, and i still love watching black and white movies, and i love technicolor movies.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 PM
yblehsspot's Avatar
yblehsspot yblehsspot is offline
Scares Little Kids
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
very true actors worked so much harder back then, i love the old movies as much as new. back then alot more was left to your imagination so the acting and story had to be good, and i still love watching black and white movies, and i love technicolor movies.
I agree with that so much! A while ago I had this whole rant on why I like the older horror movies better; People actually doing it because they loved acting, not just for the paycheck; it left much more to your imagination since you could come up with something 20x scarier then that they could show you; ectect. Now when I see some movies it's like "well this was clearly a movie that they did just for the monies, not because they like to act".
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Pariah.'s Avatar
Pariah. Pariah. is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 43
Send a message via Yahoo to Pariah.
Does anyone know where this film is at in production?

It is supposed to be out this year but I can't find any news on it online and we've only got a few months left.

I hope they redo the blood-balloon scene. So simple but so... is there a word for awesome and creepy? ;)
__________________
Quote:
Of agony and remorse--do you think I have none?
Did I ask I be molded from clay?
Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?
To dream as you but of one dream--to love, to be loved.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 AM
hammerfan's Avatar
hammerfan hammerfan is offline
HDC's old chick

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In my rocking chair
Posts: 13,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah. View Post
Does anyone know where this film is at in production?
Have you checked on www.imdb.com?
__________________
<a href=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/margie1959/media/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg.html target=_blank><img src=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/margie1959/Christopher%20Lee_zpsdbzag3w5.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Pariah.'s Avatar
Pariah. Pariah. is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 43
Send a message via Yahoo to Pariah.
Its not there as far as I can see, the old one is, but no mention of the new one.
__________________
Quote:
Of agony and remorse--do you think I have none?
Did I ask I be molded from clay?
Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?
To dream as you but of one dream--to love, to be loved.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 PM
The Villain's Avatar
The Villain The Villain is offline
Evil is Better

 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Your Nightmares
Posts: 6,632
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/

BLAMMO!!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:08 PM
neverending's Avatar
neverending neverending is offline
Cranky

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,416
It's there, but there isn't much info:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/

You beat me to "It" Villain. :p
__________________
Lee Widener, Author Website

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:12 PM.