Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Evil Dead

Alone with Her (2006)

Where The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity used their found footage format to enhance the scares rather than hinder them, Alone with Her utilizes its style to create a suspenseful stalker thriller, even if it hits all the familiar genre beats. Alone with Her is shown from various hidden cameras inside a young woman's house that were set up by a stalker. There are also video cameras attached to him making you the stalker. Nothing about Alone with Her should be terribly surprising to even a casual viewer, but the way the cameras are set up can lead to some really unsettling images. This is a very character-driven suspense film. It's subtle and doesn't rely on elaborate chase scenes or convoluted plot twists. Alone with Her may not offer too many twists to the stalker genre, but the found footage format makes for a unique and unsettling experience.

7/10
Old 09-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Contracted: Phase 2 (2015)

>>: B

Deadly Virtues: Love.Honour.Obey. (2014)

Old 09-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Evil Dead

5/10
Old 09-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Contracted: Phase 2 (2015)

Looking forward to seeing this sequel, Roshiq. I'm encouraged by your B rating. For context, what did you think of the first one?

Last edited by Repo'd; 09-07-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Looking forward to seeing this sequel, Roshiq. I'm encouraged by your B rating. For context, what did you think of the first one?
I didn't much like the first one when I first saw it. But just before watching this 2nd Phase, I gave it another try as I mostly forget about it...how she got infected & what happened at the end etc. And surprisingly, this time around I liked it a lot. The make-up effects were good & eerie. The lead, Samantha wasn't a likable character and that actually kinda helps to see her condition getting worse & worse every day. Though the first film didn't give details about the origin of the disease but as an introductory story for a series, I think it was alright & quite decently handled.
Phase 2 comes with few details about the 'disease', focused mostly on Samantha's admirer Riley who's going through with the same shitty infections like Samantha but this time it's spreading fast & there may be an epidemic coming. Still as a whole, I found nothing much better than the original but definitely worth a watch.

Last edited by roshiq; 09-07-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Hellraiser

Would You Rather?

The most recent film I watched was "Would You Rather?". the movie was surprisingly very good in my opinion the film gave a unique feel for it. I especially loved the intense decision making and the fact that every decision that was mad effected the outcome of each player. The Whole movie had a fast paced feel. I highly recommended this movie if you enjoy intense scenes and a unique idea, I will have to say that this movie does have some cringe worthy scenes. The Movie is on Netflix.

Rating: 4/5 stars
Old 09-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Satan's Savior

pontypool.jpeg

I watched Pontypool a couple days ago. I liked the idea behind it. It wasn't particularly scary, but I got the feeling it wasn't really supposed to be, anyways. More of a comedic horror film. I still liked it even though I wish there had been more to the ending.

frankenhooker.jpg

Watched Frankenhooker last night. Pretty entertaining. I laughed out loud at least a couple times. Couldn't help but think if I somehow lost my mind, I might be tempted to do the same thing.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Evil Sweat

Southpaw (2015)
B-
Decent boxing drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidleysDemise View Post
Frankenhooker

Watched Frankenhooker last night. Pretty entertaining. I laughed out loud at least a couple times. Couldn't help but think if I somehow lost my mind, I might be tempted to do the same thing.
I love that movie!
"Supercrack!"

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 09-07-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
jurrassic park
Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I WAS going to watch my newly acquired VHS of The Howling IV, but the tape is broken. Someone will pay dearly for that if I cant get it fixed.

SO. I'm watching a different new addition to my werewolf tapes.

The Werewolf Reborn

I want to say this is from 1998... I didn't even know of it's existence until I found it on eBay. The trailers alone are worth a watch before the movie even starts. It advertises action figures from the Puppet Master series, and wow are they unsettling for a kid's toy. I never even watched them and I want them.

The movie was crap. Seen worse werewolves and plot but it's certainly no classic.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Tags
movie