#11  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 AM
babygirl20's Avatar
babygirl20 babygirl20 is offline
Gemini Of The Underworld
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: the Boonies
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i thought he was a genius - i didnt care about or truely know what he thought about himself ..
it was sad that he was in the process of making a positive uplifting comeback when he was cut down
Like I said before. He song songs like "Imagine" and "Give peace a Chance" and he was taken out of this world in the worst way possible. By the violence he sang against. It just was so not fuckuing right.:mad: :(
__________________
To live, is to suffer. And to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Vodstok's Avatar
Vodstok Vodstok is offline
Fear scented candle
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The edge of forever
Posts: 13,650
And just like Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam), he was killed by someone who supposedly thought he was great.

Interesting thing about a lot of celebrity killers, apparently, all of them either had "catcher in the rye" in their possesion or their book collections.
__________________
Some misguided people decided I was funny enough to pay. See if they're right:
http://www.cracked.com/members/Vodstok/
(I tweet pretty hardcore, too)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:09 AM
zwoti's Avatar
zwoti zwoti is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,971
Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
Interesting thing about a lot of celebrity killers, apparently, all of them either had "catcher in the rye" in their possesion or their book collections.
you been watching "conspiracy theory" again
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:10 AM
AUSTIN316426808's Avatar
AUSTIN316426808 AUSTIN316426808 is offline
The Dork Knight

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 14,618
Frank Sinatra
Bobby Darin
Marvin Gaye
Prince
David Ruffin(for the period of time he was with the temptations)
Buddy Holly(Goddamn snow storm:mad: )

there's people I like from today but they sound like amateurs compared to these guys.
__________________
Whatever The Fuck Ever
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:13 AM
babygirl20's Avatar
babygirl20 babygirl20 is offline
Gemini Of The Underworld
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: the Boonies
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
you been watching "conspiracy theory" again
If you ask me I think it was a conspiracy how Bob Marley died. A total conspiracy. Hence again another great singer dying who preached about "Make love not war.":(

On the up side though and of the singers who are still alive. I love the lead singers from Seether and Audioslave. I did like the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots until he joined Velvet Revolver.
__________________
To live, is to suffer. And to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:16 AM
urgeok's Avatar
urgeok urgeok is offline
Banned

 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,465
Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
And just like Rebecca Schaeffer (My Sister Sam), he was killed by someone who supposedly thought he was great.

Interesting thing about a lot of celebrity killers, apparently, all of them either had "catcher in the rye" in their possesion or their book collections.

well, its a good book ...

i have a couple of his others too :)

guess i'm goin' on a spree :)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:17 AM
AUSTIN316426808's Avatar
AUSTIN316426808 AUSTIN316426808 is offline
The Dork Knight

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 14,618
Quote:
Originally posted by babygirl20
If you ask me I think it was a conspiracy how Bob Marley died. A total conspiracy. Hence again another great singer dying who preached about "Make love not war.":(

On the up side though and of the singers who are still alive. I love the lead singers from Seether and Audioslave. I did like the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots until he joined Velvet Revolver.

the guy from audioslave does have a good voice.
__________________
Whatever The Fuck Ever
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Vodstok's Avatar
Vodstok Vodstok is offline
Fear scented candle
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The edge of forever
Posts: 13,650
i've never read it so i dont know the significance, but it gets mentioned a lot when people are discussing Hinkley and the other guys.
__________________
Some misguided people decided I was funny enough to pay. See if they're right:
http://www.cracked.com/members/Vodstok/
(I tweet pretty hardcore, too)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 AM
babygirl20's Avatar
babygirl20 babygirl20 is offline
Gemini Of The Underworld
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: the Boonies
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
the guy from audioslave does have a good voice.
He definetly does. It's like he puts so much feeling into his songs.
__________________
To live, is to suffer. And to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:20 AM
urgeok's Avatar
urgeok urgeok is offline
Banned

 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,465
Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
i've never read it so i dont know the significance, but it gets mentioned a lot when people are discussing Hinkley and the other guys.
you're a writer .........

and you've never read it ?


sweet jesus man thats like saying you're a zombie horror fan and never had seen Dawn of the Dead !!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:31 PM.